Your question

Cheap good server

Last response: in Business Computing
February 5, 2013 8:28:30 PM

Hello,
I need to buy a cheap good server, any ideas

More about : cheap good server

February 5, 2013 8:46:19 PM

Guess it depends on what you want to use it for. HP proliant servers are good, maybe something in the DL380 of DL360 models. They come in various generation starting and moving up as technology changed. Lots of proliants in use and available.

I work for a third party hardware company and servers is what we do. Any more questions feel free to post.
February 5, 2013 8:50:13 PM

Hi :) 

If you are buying new, Servers are never cheap....

Budget ?

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
February 5, 2013 9:10:36 PM

t53186 said:
Check this out http://goo.gl/K5bo5 robust and inexpensive or get one here http://goo.gl/uqjB5 $500 US is not bad for a server. Again depends on what you want to dowith it.

Hi :) 

Umm no Os....

All the best Brett :) 
Anonymous
February 5, 2013 10:16:21 PM

+1 for HP Proliant, I have worked with quite a few of Dell's Poweredge range and many FSC's Primergy - Proliant have been the most robust in my experience. As t53168 said, what it will cost depends largely on what you plan to do with it.
February 5, 2013 10:56:25 PM

Quote:
+1 for HP Proliant, I have worked with quite a few of Dell's Poweredge range and many FSC's Primergy - Proliant have been the most robust in my experience. As t53168 said, what it will cost depends largely on what you plan to do with it.

Proliant are bloody indestructible. I have 4 of them sitting on a rackmount at home
February 14, 2013 5:02:11 AM

Pinhedd said:
Proliant are bloody indestructible. I have 4 of them sitting on a rackmount at home

what do they do at home for you? i am asking because I want to set up some type of home lab to learn from
February 17, 2013 1:47:02 AM

Depends on what you are trying to do, PM me and we can talk server building specifications.
!