JerrLazo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I have an older MSI motherboard, which, when I bought it, said that the max AMD XP chip it could support is the xp 1800. Is there no way the faster xp chipset to work in the motherboard? I would be interested in seeing if a xp 2400 or an xp 3200 would run in it or not, but I would hate to buy one, and it not work. I thought I have read somewhere that some boards can support faster chips then the board spec's list.

Here is the MSI link to my motherboard.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K7T_Turbo_Limited_Edition_w/RAID

Any brainpower from anyone on this question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks; Jerry Lazo

"Be excellent to each other" Rufus
- Bill & Ted's -<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JerrLazo on 09/21/04 09:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most boards can support newer processors than the one listed. Start checking the BIOS upgrade documentation for different BIOS revisions and see if they mention newer cores.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>