Board Comparison

mturm84

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004
I have been reading this board for about a month now trying to get an accurate assesment of possible mobos i can use for my new system.I see that the Abit IS7 is highly recommended yet i dont know about it.I dont plan to do any sort of overclocking so i was wondering, would a D865GBFL suffice. I am an engineering studnet and need something that can handle electrical simulations and possibly a few personl pci add-ons that i will be building soon. Thanks for all the help.

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
I think either motherboard will suit you fine. If you are building PCI cards, it might be pertinent to check whether the PCI frequency can be locked on either board, so that if you ever want to overclock your FSB/CPU, you don't have to overstress your PCI cards.

____
P4C800-E Dlx, P4 3.0 @ 3.5MHz, 1024 Corsair @ 5550MB/s, 72GB WD 10,000rpm SATA as RAID-0 @ 92MB/s, Antec TruePower 480W, Zalman 7000 AlCu HSF, Arctic Silver III, FSB 233, CPUv 1.6, 3-4-3-7 PAT

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The IS7 is probably the best value, and Abit has the best RMA support in the industry, they both cost about the same so I'd go with Abit.

Intel doesn't even make boards, they have their boards made by other companies. While they're generally good boards, I'd rather buy from Abit.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>