We May Know Valve's Big Super Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikey_monkey

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
If it is Source 2 I pray it follows in the footsteps of the first Source engine. In my opinion Source rivals the scalability of Blizzard's creations. It's simply amazing how well my ancient computer could run HL2, CS:S, DoD:S and TF2.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Woo! New engine is definitely a win! dunno if it's just me but I'm pretty excited about the possibility of a new CounterStrike (along with HL3 too of course) xD

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
HECK YEEAAAAAHHHHHH.I mean this is not a confirmation, but even though they said no episode 3...They never said no source engine 2 or half life 3...Which is what Ive been thinking they were doing for a while now.I hope and almost feel like Im right.

WOOOOT more gordan and a crow bar. =) hopefully

amrsss

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
i thought, that there "was" a picture showing 61810 with Duke Nukem in background, on Source2 engin or that's just another hoax... just like "Freeman" picture.. :)

G

How about an orange box part deux?
HL3 + TF3 + Portal 2 on Source 2
Pure gaming bliss!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
No engine reveal would be bigger than Portal 2. The guy said it wont be Ep 3, so the next thing bigger than portal 2 would obviously be HL3. Thats even better than an Ep 3 announcement. But no, no company would call off the press for their biggest game to announce an engine.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]What if they announce a Steam/Apple merger?SUCK![/citation]

Steam for ipad now featuring Farmville for all your rts needs.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
The new source engine is relevant to Portal 2, but like bustapr said, and I have to agree, the new engine won't be bigger than the Portal game, so if its not Portal 2, and its not Half Life 2: Episode 3, then it has to be Half Life 3 (with source engine 2). If this is the case then its safe to assume Portal 2 will be using the new engine, and they may even tell us about L4D3 and TF3.

"Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No-one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."
-Gman

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]deathmustard[/nom]They have said the suprise is about portal 2. So not anything to do with source 2 or half life. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1095881p1.html[/citation]
Don't be so sure...if it is Source 2 it could still be considered to be "concerning" Portal 2, if Portal 2 was going to use the new engine... As it stands, however, my heart is completely set on it being HL3 and my mind refuses to consider any other possibilities...

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Maybe the screens of Portal 2 were teasers from Source Engine 1 and Portal 2 is actually on Source Engine 2?

My bet is HL3 on SE2...or maybe some Orange Box 2. 'id' didn't cancel a game preview to show a new engine...they showed a new game WITH the new engine.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
It's about damn time. I thought they were starting to go the E3 route and do mild improvements for the next 10 years. After L4D I got so tired of having to deal with a different exploit every week. In summation, valve, THIS HAD BETTER BE SOURCE 2!!!! If not then I refuse to buy anything else from you! Except maybe episode 3, if you ever get around to making it!

Status
Not open for further replies.