Cannot hear people on MW2 or BC2

d0nut

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Hey all,

I have a problem with my MW2 and BC2 it seems. When i am playing i cannot hear anyone speak/chat. I have a microphone and it seems to work here and there but thats not the issue. Even though i don't use my microphone i am still unable to hear anyone in game or even in the lobby. I have looked up posts and threads and there are a few people who have this issue. I am not sure what to do. I have checked all setting in RealTek and windows settings. PLEASE HELP!

My specs are:
i7920 (ocd to 3GHz)
gtx295
p6t motherboard
1.5TB HDD
Windows 7 pro 64bit
6GB of DDR3 Kingston Hyper x ram.
Windows 7 Pro

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
D0NuT

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
maybe crank the sound up!!!
try installing newer audio drivers, i hope that you're using an original copy of the game.

Many people i come across ask me that exact question and when i take a look, i see they have a copied version or illegal downloaded version (All i do is hist, then laugh in their face - say a few meaningful words and tell them to buy the original)

copied versions often have audio problems! if it is an original copy, like i said, try updating your audio drivers.

question: does the sound problem occur when you unplug your microphone (the pink cord into your pc) and only use your audio cable.

if that doesn't work, try playing it through normal pc speakers.

i think your problem here is a compatibility issue, speakers vs. earphones vs. audio drivers!

let us know if anything helps

Dane (South Africa)

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
true gamerk316,

i think once they use the in-game interface, the problem should be solved!

but thats maybe something that the makers of BC2 should have looked at! yet again, it could be the fault!

as you say: Stuff happens!

d0nut

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

hey thanks for the reply. I used to be able to hear all the voices fine until i upgraded to win 7 pro. I have tried updating my audio drivers and all of them are up to date. This problem DOES occur when i unplug my mic. My games are bought sealed from the shop so these are the real/genuine copies. I have a set of logitech z4 speakers that work extremely well, i havent yet tried to use the speakers on their own in game, i usually use sennheiser headphones and i plug them into the z4 speaker volume nodule (look the logitech speakers up if needed). I never used to use headphones on xp and started to use them on 7 pro. Anymore help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who have relied so far.

D0NuT