Sign in with
Your question

Good Intel mobo for...

Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2004 8:35:22 PM

I've been searching around for a good Intel-based motherboard for my upcoming gaming machine. Here are the details:

Processor - Pentium 4 HT 3.2Ghz FSB-800Mhz.
Graphics Card - GeForce 6800 GT AGP-8X.
Memory - 1024Mb DDR400/PC3200 - 2x 512Mb sticks.
Sound Card - Audigy 2 ZS.
HD - 120GB 7200RPM S-ATA150.

Preferably without on-board sound, but on-board LAN, Fax/Modem and Wi-Fi slots are welcome. Full support for AGP-8X - No need for PCI-Express support - And Dual Channel DDR support.

Any ideas?

More about : good intel mobo

September 29, 2004 8:44:39 PM

Onboard sound is pretty good nowadays, removing the need of add-on sound cards for all but the profesional musicians.
I like the GigaByte boards, loads of features and plenty of flexibility.

Are you going socket 478 or T?

Also, the ATI X800XT PE beats the 6800 in almost all benchmarks, except for Doom 3, and I believe that is just due to drivers, which will be fixed soon.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!
September 29, 2004 8:51:00 PM

I'm going for socket 478, and I'll consider taking a look at the X800's and GigaByte's boards.
Related resources
September 29, 2004 11:38:06 PM

I went through Asus' website and saw the P4P800-E Deluxe and it seems to fit well my needs. Any other suggestions as for the best option for my system?
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2004 2:00:41 AM

I'd suggest the Abit IS7 as the best buy, or if you really NEED Gigabit Lan (rather than 10/100) the IS7-G.

The IS7 is just about perfect, full featured, great performance/stability, one of the best companies in the industry for RMA support, and cost around $90.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!