making mobile athlon xp

has anyone tried modifying their athlonXP (super locked) to a mobile one using the method shown in the upcoming thg article and tried to use it on a chaintech 7njl1 mobo?or if someone knows where i can find a list of nforce2 mobo's that will be compatible with this mod?

mindlessdemon
4 answers Last reply
More about making mobile athlon
  1. if the artical is up-coming why would any of us look / tried it?

All a mod could accomplish is to unlock the multipliers, but then you'll just have an unlocked Barton.

The mobiles are simply hand-picked Barton chips that are happier at low voltage, giving the pleasant side-effect of good overclockability at 'normal' voltages.

---
    Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
    XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
    2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
    Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742
  3. ok,lemme rephrase: i have an amd 2400+ with a locked 15x multiplier. i want to change the chip into a mobile version (as shown in the article/as shown on other websites for a while now) so that i can use a lower multiplier (ie 12.5) with a fsb of 200. what i'm asking is if someone knows whether or not the chaintech 7njl1 supports the powersavings mode of mobile athlons,or if they know where a list of compatible motherboards using nforce2 chipsets can be found.

mindlessdemon
  4. If you can successfully unlock your chip, your board will probably support 200FSB, as it's an nforce2 board.

The only reason I say <i>probably</i> is because the earlier versions of that board (as with many nforce2 boards) were based on the earlier version of the nforce2 chipset which didn't have <i>official</i> support for 200FSB. The good news is that most would either do it anyway, or get very close. For example, my Epox 8RDA+ would only do 196FSB without modification.

So basically, even if your board doesn't support 200 exactly, it should get near enough to make the mod a worthwhile one! :smile:

That said, 12.5x200 is pretty unlikely without some excellent cooling and high voltage. You really need a 'true' mobile for that sort of overclock. You should be able to get somewhere between 2.1 - 2.3Ghz though. Just make sure you use a decent cooler.

---
    Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
    XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
    2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
    Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Mobile Windows XP