Video card for the sims 3

G

I got Sims 3 for my netbook. I bought an external dvd drive. Everything installed fine, but it won't play. "Unable to start the game. Device 0 cannot run this title..." What is the cheapest, easiest way to fix this problem. Also, i have no idea what kind of card that i have now. Please help...

fusion_gtx

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Well you biggest problem is in your first sentence. You have a Netbook. Those laptops are not meant for power, and sims 3 is a fairly system heavy game. Unfortunately, there really isn't much you can do. For the most part, once you purchase a laptop you are stuck with the video card it came with.

Most normal lower end laptops will have issues playing the game much less a Netbook. Netbooks just don't have the power. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
yes fusion_gtx summed it up for you the only way is maybe if you buy a external graphics card (if you can) i dunno where so don't ask and go to google and type in can you run it go to the site select the sims 3 and tell us what you fail in, that'd help

Unfortunately you will not be able to play the game. At this point you have three choices:

1. Sell / give Sims 3 away.
2. Buy a somewhat powerful laptop for $1000 - $1500 which will be able to run the game. Future games? Well, that's a different question.
3. Buy a desktop to play the game. Generally speaking a $600 - $700 PC will do as long as you are not using integrated graphics.

External video cards have been proposed in the past, but they were more concept than anything else. Proposed price ranged from anywhere between $200 for a low end card to $600 for a powerful card. They also require power from an A/C outlet.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
yea i know and accaully my old laptop i got past christmas was only 450 and i could play the sims 3 so even just getting a laptop with a good processor 2-4 gb's of ram the ati radeon hd 3200 is accually alright and yea