Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best xbox headset for ~60$

Last response: in Video Games
June 17, 2010 6:18:50 AM

Hey all, summer is coming up and i tend to play a lot of games late at night when theres nothing else to do or when all of my friends decide to play some hardcore S&D on cod. I love sound, but i dont like waking up the parents with my surround sound system, so what is the best bang-for-the-buck headset I can buy for around 60$? IF the improvement of sound really is better, I can go higher. I was checking out the earforce XLCs from turtlebeach, but there is no inline microphone tuner to make the voices louder or quieter, you gotta go directly through TV volume only.

So i was thinking about turtlebeach x11's for 60$. Ill probably be going with these unless anybody else knows a comparable headset for around the same price (probably the MOST i will spend no matter what is 80$).

Thanks all!

More about : xbox headset

Best solution

June 22, 2010 3:34:50 PM

samwelaye said:
Hey all, summer is coming up and i tend to play a lot of games late at night when theres nothing else to do or when all of my friends decide to play some hardcore S&D on cod. I love sound, but i dont like waking up the parents with my surround sound system, so what is the best bang-for-the-buck headset I can buy for around 60$? IF the improvement of sound really is better, I can go higher. I was checking out the earforce XLCs from turtlebeach, but there is no inline microphone tuner to make the voices louder or quieter, you gotta go directly through TV volume only.

So i was thinking about turtlebeach x11's for 60$. Ill probably be going with these unless anybody else knows a comparable headset for around the same price (probably the MOST i will spend no matter what is 80$).

Thanks all!

I picked those up at futureshop 2 months ago. As far as a headset goes, it was great it fit comfortably and the sound effects were fantastic but sadly i had to return it. The problem with the x11 model is you cannot control the 'voice' volume and this actually is a big deal because you can hardly hear peoples voices, even if you turn down the game volume and crank up the voice volume..... sadly if you want to have both voice and game sounds to be top notch you got to get the more expensive models
June 30, 2010 2:35:49 PM

One, keep the volume low or turn down the game audio settings manually. Two, headsets are meant for Xbox Live Game/Party chat only. It will not affect the audio from the game itself, but if your looking for a decent headset, you could continue to use the one that came with your Xbox or buy the wireless one.
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2010 7:20:38 PM

Best answer selected by samwelaye.
m
l
June 30, 2010 7:23:02 PM

yeah i bought the x11's, they work great. not sure what you mean by not being able to turn up voice volume, theres a little dial for that... and neorecon these do sound, not just chat
m
l
August 20, 2011 2:12:11 AM

I wasn't familiar with the controls to Turtle Beach headsets at the time. Plus, if you open your Xbox Guide and go to Settings>Preferences>Voice; you can also control the audio of both voice and in-game that are effective during a Party Chat.
m
l
!