Sign in with
Your question

Out of these 4 MoBo's which one is the best?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 6, 2004 1:27:17 AM

Could someone give me some input on which of these mobo's are the best all around? Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, MSI 865PE Neo 2-FIS2R(MS-6728), GIGABYTE GA-8KNXP and ULTRA,and ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Thanks!

More about : mobo

a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2004 3:30:41 AM

Is there a reason you're limitted to these board? Is it a refurbished board sale or something?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 6, 2004 6:02:57 AM

Crashman, I sent you a private message before I realized that I could simply respond at my own post. Im new so forgive me. Instead of tying the whole thing over if you could check your messages you will see my issues. Thanks.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2004 6:36:03 AM

<b>Hey guys,</b> I already gave this guy an opinion in a PM, <b>which board would you recommend</b>:
1.) Abit IS7
2.) Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
3.) Chaintech 9CJS Zenith
4.) Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
5.) MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 6, 2004 10:48:22 AM

I don't have any personal experience with any of those, but based on what I've read in reviews, other people's experiences, and price, the Abit IS7.

If I was building a P4 system now that's the board I'd use anyway. (socket 775 limits me to Prescott which I'd rather avoid ATM).

But then I wouldn't build a P4 system right now, I'd build an A64 one. But not being able to see Crash's PMs I can't see what limits you to those boards, so of those, IS7.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742
October 6, 2004 2:39:45 PM

4.) Gigabyte GA-8KNXP

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!
October 7, 2004 3:43:40 AM

IS7
October 7, 2004 3:59:50 AM

I'd agee with RichPLS on this, the Gigabyte board.

I will say that there are a few rare occasions Gigabyte isn't always the very best from a performance stand point (The one Abit board I had, scored just slightly higher on RAM benchmarks than the GigaByte board I swapped it for, however not enough to really care), but generally their boards are up there, and better than most.

Personally I have owned a total of 9 Gigabyte boards now(Bought one Abit, and returned it for a Gigabyte), they have served me well in the past, everyone of them is still running, and they have always performed excellently.

I have always been impressed with Gigabyte, and will continue to buy them in the future. (Of course this is mainly just a personal preference.)

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html&lt;/A>
October 7, 2004 4:39:30 PM

Thanks to everyone for the input on this subject. If I can ever be of service, don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck guy's!

mozzartusm

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mozzartusm on 10/07/04 12:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
!