WG121 Configuring WEP and WPA

Hi,
Just purchased a WG121 and for the life of me I cannot configure WPA.

I read the install and user manuals

I pretty sure I've got the latest driver

Can anyone help to confirm what version of firmware, driver and etc
they are running with their WG121

Does anyone have WPA configured with their WG121 - can you shed detail
which drivers your using and where to find them.

Thanks,
Carmine

--
cpaus777

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:38:22 GMT, cpaus777
<cpaus777.1e99wa@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:

>Just purchased a WG121 and for the life of me I cannot configure WPA.

Select WPA-PSK (pre-shared key) and "open authentication". Just WPA
or WPA-RADIUS requires a RADIUS server, which you don't have.

What are you using for an access point? Does it support WPA-PSK?

What operating system are you using? If Windoze XP, did you install
SP2?

How do you know that WPA-PSK isn't working? What works and what
doesn't? Where are you stuck?

>I read the install and user manuals

There's your problem. I never read the instructions. If the product
were any good, it wouldn't need instructions.

>I pretty sure I've got the latest driver

....and the version number of the latest driver is? You would not
believe how many times I've run into claims of having the "latest"
driver, and it was something else. Never mind what you've downloaded.
See what the driver claims is installed.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=603

The troubleshooting page isn't very helpful:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101215.asp

>Can anyone help to confirm what version of firmware, driver and etc
>they are running with their WG121
>
>Does anyone have WPA configured with their WG121 - can you shed detail
>which drivers your using and where to find them.
>
>Thanks,
>Carmine

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558