Sign in with
Your question

What is the most CPU-intensive PC game?

Last response: in Video Games
June 18, 2010 10:39:59 PM

What is the most CPU intensive PC game? Most games, even Crysis, do not require very much CPU power and will work perfectly on a dual core processor. A quad core CPU does not make Crysis run faster. Today's PC games are much more GPU bound. I heard a rumor that GTA4, World in Conflict, and Race Driver GRID are coded to make full use of a quad core processor.

But that's just a rumor, are there really any games which are fully multi-threaded throughout a quad core CPU?

More about : cpu intensive game

June 18, 2010 10:54:06 PM

I might suggest the new RAGE game?
m
l
June 18, 2010 10:58:13 PM

GTA4 will eat up your whole processor. Not because the game is efficiently using your CPU, but because it is coded so poorly that it hogs all of your resources :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2010 11:27:43 AM

surely GTA 4- !
Btw, it really uses a Quad core well -
m
l
June 19, 2010 12:17:04 PM

Prototype; getting a big performance boost after my CPU upgrade. And some 7300 GT rigs with good cpu's run the game nicely. And BTW, Prototype ran badly with my 9800 GT on my former CPU so its definitely a lot more on the CPU

after upgrading my dual core processor/CPU from 2.00 GHZ(nasty!) to 2.7GHZ(dual core too), I also got a huge performance boost in Crysis and Mass Effect; so those two also love the CPU

m
l
a c 479 à CPUs
June 19, 2010 3:13:44 PM

X3: Terran Conflict

Here's a rolling demo of the game:
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/demos_en.php

I've only tested the rolling demo on my PC, I have not played the game yet. I am still playing the previous game; X3: Reunion.

Regardless of what resolution and graphics quality settings I use (HD 5850), frame rate changes very little. Overclocking my Q9450 resulting in improved frame rates.
m
l
!