Trying to reinstall win 7 screen goes black after loading files

toastman69

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
No, I can't install Win 7 whicih is the problem, The computer will post fine and when i select my DVD player as boot drive to install win 7, it will load the required files and show the Win 7 loading scree then the screen will go blank. I've tried different DVDs of Win 7, Burned at 2* speed and still it won't work.

MY specs:

Q9400 CPU
4 gb RAM
1* 2tb HDD, Caviar Green
*500gb HDD
5770 MSi hawk

toastman69

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
well, I've brought Win 7 but don't plan on installing it until I'm absolutely sure, everything is working and that i don't have to reinstall again. So i'm using a pirated download (Again, temporally) which has worked in the past, but for whatever reason has stopped, I burned the iso again, 2* speed. Then that didn't work, so i downloaded another copy which again, wouldn't work.

Prescott_666

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
If I understand your situation, you want to prove that your hardware can support Windows 7 before you break the seal on the package. If you have doubts about your hardware, then that is probably the problem, but as other have pointed out it could also be your pirated software.

There is a 180-day trial version of Windows Server 2008 R2 that you can download from Microsoft. If that will run on your hardware, then Windows 7 should also run.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
BTW, your logic/rationale is flawed. Use the proper DVD to install. If it fails, the system never gets registered/activated anyway. If it installs, you are good to go.

Using pirated software adds all sorts of risks as to what is actually installed as a result.

Not cool at all.....

alex_87

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Toastman69 had a genuine error that you failed to resolve. I have the same problem on a Sony Vaio - no need for specifications because is quite a new model - I had installed a genuine Wi7 and now I have issues with it and I am trying to boot from the CD, but I encointered the same error. I am still looking for a way out of this...