Sign in with
Your question

AMD Motherboard Without Onboard Audio/Video/LAN

Last response: in Motherboards
October 9, 2004 1:45:39 PM

Maybe I'm asking for the impossible, but I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard, processor and RAM while keeping most of what I have now. I already have an audio card and video card that I am happy with, and an ethernet card. I am looking for an AMD motherboard with four rear and two front USB ports, 7 PCI slots, no onboard audio, video, or LAN, plenty of room for RAM, and possibly (if I were to get really lucky) support for at least 6 IDE drives. If I had to get onboard anything, it'd be LAN, then audio, then video.

Is there anything close out there that might fit and would be a good motherboard?
October 9, 2004 2:58:12 PM

Which AMD chip? Socket A, 754, 939?

Anyways it's pretty easier to find a board without video, but lan and audio are pretty standard today. Even if you do end up getting one with onboad LAN and audio, you can always disable it and use your cards.

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html&lt;/A>
a b V Motherboard
October 9, 2004 9:48:59 PM

The problem with boards that have no video or LAN is that few people want to pay the extra money it would cost to remove them. The parts are so cheap, it would cost the company more to produce a handfull of boards without them, warehouse them in separate lots, ship them as separate products, and force sellers to increase inventory. Inventory cost is a big problem when you try to release multiple versions of a product.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
October 10, 2004 3:30:59 AM

there are lot of AMD mainboard without video,but seems very little without audio and lan
October 10, 2004 5:09:48 AM

Get the NF7-S. You will have to use sata/pata adapters for some of the drives, but no big. It does have onboard soundstorm sound. but for gaming, that's better than an add-in card (less cpu usage), and the quality is about on par with audigy2, without the resource conflict problems. If you like, you can dissable the onboard lan, though again onboard lan has fewer resource conflicts, so I'd keep it. Since the board would be very little less without those features, just ignore what you dont want.
October 10, 2004 3:59:19 PM

Quote:
I am looking for an AMD motherboard with four rear and two front USB ports, <b><font color=red>7 PCI</b></font color=red> slots, no onboard audio, video, or LAN, plenty of room for RAM, and possibly (if I were to get really lucky) support for at least <b><font color=red>6 IDE</b></font color=red> drives.

Good luck finding one!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
!