Asus P4P800 E-deluxe issue

macoulombe

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I have an Asus P4P800E-deluxe that has accumulated problems over the last 3 months. I get spontaneous loss of display with system power still going to the case. Sometimes the power button will turn my computer on but many times I have to hit the reset button to perform initial power up. Any overclocking and my SATA HD (primary) disappears from the bios lineup. Post reporter does not work, however, Windows audio works fine (it is enabled). Onboard LAN stopped working and had to put a PCI LAN card in. With all this, does it seem like the mobo is defective? I have run a memory tester which passed. I purchased a quality 400w power supply but am considering changing it. I am running WinXP. Latest bios and drivers are installed. My system setup is:
P4 2.6ghz processor
2x512mb DDR PC3200 (kingston)
SATA 36 gb 10k rpm HD (primary)
PATA 80 gb 7200 rpm HD (secondary)
ATI radeon 9700 pro
ATI capture card
Some cheap NIC card
2 cdrom drives
floppy
zip drive

Also, when I tried to remove my capture card, the system will not even enter into bios until I put the card back in.
Should I be looking at one of my hardwares as the issue or is the mobo the cause for all my problems? Appreciate the help.

Mitch007

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
RMA it.... What do you mean?

MIS645Ultra/P42.4@2.8Gig/2*Corsair 256MBit CL2-2-2-7XMSLLPT PC3200 DDR RAM/450W Enermax PSU/1*40Gig 7200rpm Wes-Dig/1*20Gig 7200 Hitachi Disk/GeF4 Ti4200 XFX Turbo 670/250 Ram/Core MHz.

RichPLS

Champion
Return Merchandise Authorization
Utilize the warranty

RichPLS

Champion
or were you being sarcastic