Will this run CoD MW2? How about Battlefield BC2?

LiquidBooger

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Hello:

I've been wanting to play CoD MW2 very badly, but I don't want to play it on console; I prefer it on PC... My parents are also on a budget, with my dad kind of laid off. So I had to find one that was under 600 dollars.

So while I was searching for some computers, I came across this one computer that DIDN'T have an integrated Nvidia 9100. Here are the specs:

AMD Athlon Quad Core at 2.8 GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (which I'm sure is integrated, but the website doesn't say. Here's the site: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0339681 ).

I really need an accurate and helpful answer. Thanks for helping out a 12 year old boy who wants to play his game [:

Thanks in advance.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
The graphics are integrated.
To speculate what performance would be achieved in MW2, you first need to tell us your display's resolution.

*since $under 600 is your budget, you do seem to have a few $ to spare. Then why not get a dedicated video card? A 5570 or 5670 will definitely give more performance than the onboard video. If you have a low enough reso, you could even play MW2 @ high settings.

LiquidBooger

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Well, my desired resolution would be at least 1024x728 or something. And as for dedicated cards. My dad told me that he'll only get me the computer, and no extra video card cause he has some weird logic that it'll cost more. Also, what does the resolution change? Is the change similar to desktop resolutions?

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
1280x1024 - average 30 fps(but it might dip in some cases).1024x768 - 40 fps average.For a 600$ budget, you can get decent cards that run games properly at 1280x1024 resolution.The 9600 GT is an excellent card at 80$.Just make sure that your PSU is up to it.And try to convince your dad by saying that a dedicated video card would help you watchs HD movies smoothly, wont eat up RAM, wont bottleneck the CPU under graphics intensive applications and would improve picture quality :).I hope it helps