eyeless520

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Intel MB D845GBV
Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4 GHz
1 Gig of PC 3200 RAM

My computer crashed about a month ago. It would shut down and not start up. It would only begin to start up for a second then it turns off. I first thought it was the power supply but it did the same thing with a brand new power supply. I got it to work by starting it without the 4-pin auxiliary power connector (by mistake). After it was working I just ignored what happened. Now it started doing the same thing again. I think it is my motherboard or my processor. I feel it is more likely to be the motherboard. Any information on what you think it could be would be appreciated.

endyen

Splendid
It sounds like a short to the mobo. Take it all apart, and look for a standoff in the wrong place. Then put it back together. If you didn't find any obvious shorts, use the fiber washers on the standoffs, top and bottom.

eyeless520

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
I have tried what you suggested. There were no obvious shorts but I put in the fiber washers. I wish there was a way to see if it worked, I hate computer problem that not consistent. Thank you again for your suggestion.