rebuild raid array?

tjchino

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
ok... i've run across a small problem. i had to replace a mobo that had an sata raid 0 on it. so new board came... exact same (abit is7), and reconnect everything. but when i fired up, no raid recognized. not good. it happens to be my boot disk.

any ideas on how i go about rebuilding it?
i wouldn't think that i'd need to reinstall the intel raid drivers (f6'ing during windows setup). i tried ctrl-i which gets me into the raid setup window, but it is saying i've got no possible raid drives. i've done some cable swapping in case they need to be connected to the same connectors they were connected to on the board last time.

obviously, i need help. thanks!

pat

Expert
Check your BIOS. Might be an option to enable/disable RAID support or even a jumper on the board.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

tjchino

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
pat... thanks. ok, i feel like a moron. your tag line couldn't be more appropriate. i had a friend put this back together for me, and i wasn't as thorough as i should have been in looking things over. i've found that drives work better when they have power. sigh. anyway, thanks again... everything is working just fine.