The Ultimate Steal Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Ok so a friend refered me to this http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx. I am building a New comp can I buy this with disk and upload from scratch for my OS system or will I have to go pay 100$

Solution
No, the Windows 7 Professional upgrade that you see at www.win741.com requires that you have XP or Vista on your computer. If you are starting from scratch you will need the full retail version of Windows 7 (as opposed to the upgrade version). If you happen to have an XP or Vista disk that is not beins used on another computer, you can install that first and then use the Windows 7 Professional upgrade to move to Windows 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I don't completely understand your question. First it will cost $80.00 us.
You register with Microsoft from with your college e-mail
If they confirm your a college student, they will send you a e-mail stating you qualify.
You will most likely have to pay them by credit card then they will allow you to download and activate the product. I'd also order the Disk as well.
The idea is to train you on office now and you will upgrade until your 80.
A good deal, I should register for a 1/2 credit hour class at the local CC.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I'm with mhelm1 on this one - I am not 100% clear on what you are asking. But, yes assuming you meet the qualifications for the student pricing you will be able to purchase Office Professional Academic deal for $79.95 and use it in your new computer. Like mhelm1, I also recommend purchasing the disk as well. You will not be required to pay any additional money after the initial purchase.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Cassandra

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Yes and No, You have to have an earlier version of Windows to be able to complete install and activate.
You can use it to do a complete install in custom mode, when it asks where the previous version of windows is, insert your old disk.
hope this helps.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
No, the Windows 7 Professional upgrade that you see at www.win741.com requires that you have XP or Vista on your computer. If you are starting from scratch you will need the full retail version of Windows 7 (as opposed to the upgrade version). If you happen to have an XP or Vista disk that is not beins used on another computer, you can install that first and then use the Windows 7 Professional upgrade to move to Windows 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Cassandra

Solution

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010

Thank you I do happen to have a copy or two of XP lying around somewhere.

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I ordered that to upgrade when Win 7 came out and have used it on a totally new computer. All I had to do was do phone activation and assure them I wasn't using it on more than one computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.