Team Fortress 2 50% Off, Free to Play at Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Im dowloading it and going to try it for free....mainly because when they did portal for free the one weekend....it nvr went away (I can still play it, and everything.... hoping I get TF2 free too XD)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Im dowloading it and going to try it for free....mainly because when they did portal for free the one weekend....it nvr went away (I can still play it, and everything.... hoping I get TF2 free too XD)[/citation]

If your on mac, Portal was free for a limited time, you might have grabbed it when it was still free lol

Conrad925

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Im dowloading it and going to try it for free....mainly because when they did portal for free the one weekend....it nvr went away (I can still play it, and everything.... hoping I get TF2 free too XD)[/citation]
Uh....that's because they gave Portal for free to Mac as well as PC users. You received the game for free, just as I did. I've also received Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, and Half-Life 2-Lost Coast free of charge. Games offered on a "free" trial basis are deactivated to "pre-loaded" status after the trial period. If you like the game just buy it, half price is a good deal, IMHO.

Sykar

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I tried it, there's way too much chaos for my taste and the controls were awful, even with some tuning, I hate this game.

FUtomNOreg

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Sykar[/nom]I tried it, there's way too much chaos for my taste and the controls were awful, even with some tuning, I hate this game.[/citation]

It depends on the server, and the controls aren't that bad. Same as Half Life 2's.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I bought the game for 2.50 on one of the mega sales steam had. It's a bit too cartooney for my taste. I am not bashing the game as to each their own, but it I really didn't like it. I need something more realistic to satisfy my gaming buds.

G

this is the greatest multiplayer game in existence with out question.
I quickly loged into my TF2 game on a macbook now i have the earbuds on my pc version

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Conrad925[/nom]Uh....that's because they gave Portal for free to Mac as well as PC users. You received the game for free, just as I did. I've also received Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, and Half-Life 2-Lost Coast free of charge. Games offered on a "free" trial basis are deactivated to "pre-loaded" status after the trial period. If you like the game just buy it, half price is a good deal, IMHO.[/citation]
Well, Im on PC and it was a free trial basis at but was not and has not been deactivated to pre-loaded...which is my point.

G

I don't get it. I see price -50% and not free - so how it's free when I have to pay for it right now instead of monday, when I decide that I liked it?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I'm going to laugh my ass off when Mac users get owned because they think their "Magic Mouse" can hang. Not to mention their over-priced LCDs with 14ms response time.

If mac gaming catches on, Apple's going to have to put more R&D into reducing lag from their mice and monitors.

G

TF2 is the best non-military FPS you can play. It has been getting steady updates since release. New maps, class updates, crafting, etc. I play it more than any other FPS and that says a lot. Plus, now I can virtually take out my rage on all you Mactastic people I see with the in-game ear buds! WOOT! lol

G

It's a free trial that ends after the weekend. If you like it, you pay $10 to keep it past Sunday. Sale and free trial end Monday. Usually before noon...learn2read.

G

Who the hell plays games for "Realism"...sheesh. Get over yourself.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Well, Im on PC and it was a free trial basis at but was not and has not been deactivated to pre-loaded...which is my point.[/citation]
do you mean you downloaded the the demo for Portal?

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]Please, all you nubz, stay off of the SWG server. I hate ranting to myself about how bad you all are.[/citation]
Then why don't you just disconnect?

james_lankford

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Well, Im on PC and it was a free trial basis at but was not and has not been deactivated to pre-loaded...which is my point.[/citation]

no
you got it for free

Valve gave away the game for free
completely free
not a trial
not a limited time to play
but free

Status
Not open for further replies.