OnLive Cloud Gaming

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Anybody else try this yet? I signed up last night and gave it a quick try. My internet connection was already lagging last night so I couldn't really give it a full go (obviously that is one of the disadvantages, but in this case I know it was the connection on my end that was lacking). I tried the demo of Just Cause 2 which I had also played through steam and I have to say that for the few minutes I played before the connection drop it was pretty good. The resolution was a little lower than I would generally play but the 1280x720 wasn't bad. I didn't notice any huge lag between my keyboard inputs and the gameplay but the frame rates did seem a little low and sometimes choppy which I attributed to my network connection being slow. Hopefully it while be faster tonight and I'll get to try it out a bit more. I do have to say that just on the initial impression I'm impressed seeing as many said this could never happen and even the optimist like myself predicted five years before it's viable. From what I'm seeing so far it seems a lot closer with crappy US broadband being the biggest limiting factor.