new computer problems

Matryx

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2004
I just bought a new computer from ncix.com custom build and full assembled by them

ABIT NF7-S V2
AMD ATHLON XP MOBILE 2500+
SAMSUNG PC3200 512MB RAM
SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO
ANTEC SLK2650-BQE 350 PS

my problem is that my computer keeps shutting down along with a siren. My FSB is at stock 133 x14 but whenever I run Prime95 torture test after awhile my computer shuts down and a sirens come on. I don't think it should be doing this at stock speeds. Could this be my Ram because I ran memtest and there were errors on test 3,4,5, and 6. Would that affect the computer and the shutting down and siren.

Also Im using a different bios d26_k2r6I_319_2T. Would different bios affect this somehow to because this didnt happened till I flashed with some other bios and I dont know where I can get the stock bios.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya Matryx;

You can relax with the BIOS revision Abit added in some thermal monitoring and controll to the BIOS you just need to go raise the target temperature for the alarm and shutdown under the thermal managment menu.

<b><font color=blue>Co-Founder and Administrator of Toms Hardware IRC</font color=blue></b>
<b><font color=red>
Server: hub1.oddnet.net
Channel: #Tomshardware
</b></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sounds like thermal shutdown, what are your temperatures?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Up the memory voltage a touch if it was 2.6 up it to 2.7.

Check that ur fans are spinning freely, nothing should slow them down. What heat sink / fan did u buy for the mobile?

The loving are the daring!

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Send it back to NCIX.com and tellt hem tofix it. no way you should have memory errors and random shutdowns(I agree, sound like thermal shutdowns) on a new system.

endyen

Splendid
You must always do a bios reset after you flash. Then you have to go and correct all the settings in bios.
Make sure you raise all voltages, as that mobo undervolts everything.

TRENDING THREADS