Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for a old game

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2010 8:27:05 AM

Hello,

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99350-13-best-school-...

I've read through this thread regarding old games and googled all the unfamiliar titles, however I still cannot find this game or its game title.

It's a game I played before 2005, and the only specifics that I can give you are:

- it's an RTS game
- there's a unit that collects scrap metal (specifically scrap metal - it's the resource of the game), which can be used to build more units and buildings/upgrades
- its a futuristic game and had pretty decent graphics for its time
- i remember a lot of chrome and lasers on the units
- the game is not battlezone

If anyone has any idea or has played a game that resembles this description, please let me know =)

Thanks in advance,

Vic

More about : game

June 25, 2010 11:00:15 PM

Is it possibly Total Annihilation? Great game, pretty old though.
m
l
June 26, 2010 8:38:31 PM

I'm not familar with TA because I've never played it, however it seems you may have experienced it...

Are there any engineering type of units that gather scrap metal in it?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 26, 2010 9:25:21 PM

vietknight said:
I'm not familar with TA because I've never played it, however it seems you may have experienced it...

Are there any engineering type of units that gather scrap metal in it?

Haven't played it in a looooooong time, but if memory serves then metal was the resource of the game, and when units were destroyed, they could be harvested from scrap metal. You start the game with an ACU(?) who is pretty much your leader. The game is a lot like Supreme Commander, and was made by the same people I believe.
June 27, 2010 10:33:26 AM

vietknight said:
Hello,

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99350-13-best-school-...

I've read through this thread regarding old games and googled all the unfamiliar titles, however I still cannot find this game or its game title.

It's a game I played before 2005, and the only specifics that I can give you are:

- it's an RTS game
- there's a unit that collects scrap metal (specifically scrap metal - it's the resource of the game), which can be used to build more units and buildings/upgrades
- its a futuristic game and had pretty decent graphics for its time
- i remember a lot of chrome and lasers on the units
- the game is not battlezone

If anyone has any idea or has played a game that resembles this description, please let me know =)

Thanks in advance,

Vic

sounds like TA to me
m
l
June 27, 2010 6:27:34 PM

Does sound like TA but it's not clear what sort of RTS is was. The Battlezone comment got me wondering if it could also be Hostile Waters - not your typical "point and click" controlling units affair - much closer to Battlezone's approach.

Hostile Waters had you putting AI chips into various craft that you built on a carrier ship. You could customise them.
m
l
July 7, 2010 6:05:20 PM

Best answer selected by vietknight.
m
l
!