V710 bug?

Haven't seen anyone mention this (have also checked HowardForums) -- key
presses don't have ANY sound, regardless of what I customize in the Ring
Styles menu. Key Volume is set to 7 but nada. Am I doing something wrong
or is this a known bug? Thanks.
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

tigercat

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004

all i can say is that on page 85 of the phone manual it details how to set
the keypad volume. honestly, i didn't even notice this until i saw your
message, but i can say that i have mine set to 7 and i do hear sound when
pressing the keypads but it's not loud at all - rather the sound is on the
faint side, but i can definately hear it. i'd say it's a bug that at the
loudest selection i can only hear a low beep when pressing the keypad.

"Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message
> Haven't seen anyone mention this (have also checked HowardForums) -- key
> presses don't have ANY sound, regardless of what I customize in the Ring
> Styles menu. Key Volume is set to 7 but nada. Am I doing something wrong
> or is this a known bug? Thanks.
> --
> Charles C. Shyu
> http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

Sorry -- to clarify, this only happens in Vibrate Mode. Key Volume is set
to 7, but absolutely no sound. In Loud Mode when Key Volume is set to 7,
there is sound, albiet very faint as you describe. Wish this could be
remedied in the upcoming firmware update...
--

"tigercat" <markd3@abcyahoo.com> wrote in message
> all i can say is that on page 85 of the phone manual it details how to set
> the keypad volume. honestly, i didn't even notice this until i saw your
> message, but i can say that i have mine set to 7 and i do hear sound when
> pressing the keypads but it's not loud at all - rather the sound is on the
> faint side, but i can definately hear it. i'd say it's a bug that at the
> loudest selection i can only hear a low beep when pressing the keypad.
>

> "Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message
> > Haven't seen anyone mention this (have also checked HowardForums) -- key
> > presses don't have ANY sound, regardless of what I customize in the Ring
> > Styles menu. Key Volume is set to 7 but nada. Am I doing something
wrong
> > or is this a known bug? Thanks.

tigercat

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004

when my speakerphone is on, i hear the keypad beeps just fine.

"Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message news:<P%RTc.23136$nx2.5026@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Sorry -- to clarify, this only happens in Vibrate Mode. Key Volume is set
> to 7, but absolutely no sound. In Loud Mode when Key Volume is set to 7,
> there is sound, albiet very faint as you describe. Wish this could be
> remedied in the upcoming firmware update...

Unless this were like a Nokia-style "profile" system where you
explicitly specify all parameters of a particular setting, and it were
ignoring that, I'd say this sounds like correct behavior. Most phones
will silence everything, including keys, in Silent Mode, and this is
good, especially with the annoying DTMF tones the number keys emit on
some phones. Chances are if I'm in Silent Mode I'm in a quiet place
and thus don't want to hear ANY sounds, even if I happen to be, say,
text messaging.

> Unless this were like a Nokia-style "profile" system where you
> explicitly specify all parameters of a particular setting, and it were
> ignoring that, I'd say this sounds like correct behavior. Most phones
> will silence everything, including keys, in Silent Mode, and this is
> good, especially with the annoying DTMF tones the number keys emit on
> some phones. Chances are if I'm in Silent Mode I'm in a quiet place
> and thus don't want to hear ANY sounds, even if I happen to be, say,
> text messaging.

But actually this is "vibrate mode", not "silent mode", and the menu
actually allows for adjustment of keypad volume in vibrate mode, so I'll
just chalk this up to "early bugs". Can't wait for the next firmware...
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

TRENDING THREADS