Steam and Apple logo+windows logo...

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
This is somewhat stupid, but am I the only one that does not like how they show that a game is dual-platform?

They show and apple logo+windows logo. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The games are developed for apple last if my memory serves me right.

BUT my thought is that they are trying to make sure that Mac users see the logo. That way they can increase their sales to the newly admitted customers.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with Mac users getting games developed for them. I think its great. PC games need all that it can get.

I have also seen that Valve has come out and said that Portal is 5 times more likely to crash on a windows machine than on a mac? What kinda BS is that???

Anyways, I just thought I would vent my thoughts. What do you guys think?

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Sorry I don't really buy into alphabetizing logos.

No, it's not an issue. But it doesn't make a lot of sense either.

The bigger deal here is that why are they coming out with comments saying a pc is 5 times more likely to crash on Portal? Why did they make such a big deal about the mac platform already having 11% of the download market after such a short period of time?

First of all, the numbers are phony. I have never had any issues with portal on my windows laptop. Tom's had an article on here just to show how much better portal performs on windows machines.

Also, 11% is only attributed to the fact that the games for Mac were just released and portal was free. That number has surely died down, and will continue to.

My question is why is Valve making a big deal about these numbers? Are they trying to stir the fire in the pc vs mac debate? Or are they trying to show more support for Apple and less for pc with these numbers?

You might be right about this whole thing and that it's nothing, but I am gonna continue to try and read between the lines here.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
^^ Good job Jefe!

It's just a phase, it'll blow over. Relax knowing that your rendition of Portal will have THREE times more fps on a crappier graphics card just because of DirectX, something that Mac users will never get.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

It's not the hardware im worried about. I just don't want valve to forget who their real user base is...

mi1ez

Splendid

even if they move to opengl as the standard for all their games, they'll still run better under windows i would imagine.