Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield bad company 2 graphics issues

Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2010 2:34:48 AM

hi there, ive been reading peoples suggestions on other posts on the forum but dont know if there advice relates to my problem.

i have a core 2 quad Q8200 2.33 ghz, 4gb ram and just onboard graphics nvidia geforce gt 120 (if thats it?)

i cant run CODmw2 and previous COD games and games such as Fallout 3 on high graphics with no problems at all, no lag, but i just instailled battlefield bad company 2 and can only play the game on low graphics, that is in single player, i havnt tried to play multiplayer. i tried to play it on medium graphics but i experience lag. the game doesn't freeze or crash just lag and the voices don't match the video.

if i bought a new graphics card, whould this fix my problem or do i have a problem with my processer aswel?? can my processor run this game?
June 26, 2010 3:58:40 AM

On board graphics just don't have the balls for BC2. It is actually a pretty graphic-intense game. You can do a few things in the setting files like force DX9 and turn water quality to low and such but I wouldn't expect to get a lot of performance gains from that if you are already on low settings.

Your CPU isn't horrible but it isn't top notch either. Right now your on board graphics is your bottleneck so you could improve your performance with a video card but you could quickly reach a point where your CPU is then holding you back. If you get a new graphics, don't go top end unless you want to get a new CPU as well.

I am not sure how well the Q8200 overclocks but that would help too if you could get up to 2.8-3.0 Ghz range.
m
l
June 26, 2010 6:49:59 AM

gamehelpplease said:
hi there, ive been reading peoples suggestions on other posts on the forum but dont know if there advice relates to my problem.

i have a core 2 quad Q8200 2.33 ghz, 4gb ram and just onboard graphics nvidia geforce gt 120 (if thats it?)

i cant run CODmw2 and previous COD games and games such as Fallout 3 on high graphics with no problems at all, no lag, but i just instailled battlefield bad company 2 and can only play the game on low graphics, that is in single player, i havnt tried to play multiplayer. i tried to play it on medium graphics but i experience lag. the game doesn't freeze or crash just lag and the voices don't match the video.

if i bought a new graphics card, whould this fix my problem or do i have a problem with my processer aswel?? can my processor run this game?

What is the resolution of your display?

The best gfx card matchup for you CPU would be something like 5770 or 5850/470. Beyond that, your CPU would be a bottleneck.
m
l
Related resources
June 26, 2010 9:05:23 AM

Thanks for the responses, it’s a great help!

I tried a range of the displays while in the game…lowering the display didn’t have an effect while on medium graphics. The only improvement I got was wen I switched them to low. I usually just keep them on 1200x800 but in CODmw2 I can run a higher display without affecting performance :S
m
l
June 26, 2010 4:20:53 PM

gamehelpplease said:

hey man your processor is good for gaming,though it's running on low clocks a little overclock may help........and your card will help until you keep at low res and mid settings.....though a change of card is recommended for playing games like BBC2 and all upcoming games.
m
l
!