problems w/ new comp

jyeh3112

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2004
i'm not sure where to post this, but the mobo seems to be the biggest problem so i'll put it here.

I got a new computer with a P5GD1-VM mobo. (2.8ghz, 1gigram) i'm using the onboards graphics and network for now. I have a buncha problems though.

1)Everytime I reboot the computer manually (whether because of a system hang, or any other reason. or if i just manually reboot when the system is fine), when the computer boots up again, the network drivers are not installed and the network adapter has the yellow question mark/exlclamation in device manager. If i reboot through windows, then it fixes itself.

2) i can only use 10mbit/sec half duplex or the network connection doesn't work. it will data transfer at like, 1k/sec.

3) random crashes when running 3d. I've tried to demo some games and stuff, but the system always crashes even on the lowest graphics settings. it will just randomly freeze. in doom3, it freezes and theni get an error saying the display drivers arn't working anymore and i need to reboot (my screen goes to like, 16 color, 640x480). What i am hoping is that this is a problem with using the onboard graphics card, so that when i get my new one it will work, but, if its not, then i need to figure it out now.

thanks for the help.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Kinda sounds like driver issues. Did you install all the drivers that came with the motherboard? Another thought would be to go through and check all your BIOS settings.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!