VIDEO: Windows 7 Running On JooJoo Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]How hot is this running? Cause it seems too good to be true so it must have a huge drawback. Else I'm buying and trying this![/citation]
If you went to the thread on JooJoo, you would quickly find out that he said it was running "quite hot."

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]If you went to the thread on JooJoo, you would quickly find out that he said it was running "quite hot."[/citation]

Quite hot, are you sure? Why, that's almost alarmingly hot.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Quite hot, are you sure? Why, that's almost alarmingly hot.[/citation]
I just quoted from the thread (which it also says in this article). And obviously this has some drawbacks, as the JooJoo only has a 4gb SSD. So you have to install a vlite version of Windows... and you won't exactly have much room for anything else.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... now i understand, why iPad haz iOS... not $Leopard... Win7 and OSX Leopars need to use a mouse... the UI is not fully optimized for touch or multitouch...

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
They should have went with a full OS like Ubuntu MID edition or Ubuntu Netbook Remix to start with...The custom Linux they have on there is rather anemic.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
This tablet is full of fail. 4GB SSD? 1GB RAM? Can you imagine running XP or 7 on those mediocre specs? No wireless-N? This is 2010 isn't it?

Fusion Garage is a terrible and devious company. Stole the idea of an open tablet, and made it their own for profit.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Fusion Garage is a terrible and devious company. Stole the idea of an open tablet, and made it their own for profit.[/citation]

So what you're saying is every product made, excluding the original, is stealing? Hell, 100% of companies are thieves then. Better get them all shut down and the CEO's and Presidents in prison.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]This tablet is full of fail. 4GB SSD? 1GB RAM? Can you imagine running XP or 7 on those mediocre specs? No wireless-N? This is 2010 isn't it?[/citation]

Yep, it's crap from what I've seen. $500 to "try" and run windows on a device and you won't even have support from the company that sold it? Not from my wallet.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]This tablet is full of fail. 4GB SSD? 1GB RAM? Can you imagine running XP or 7 on those mediocre specs? No wireless-N? This is 2010 isn't it?Fusion Garage is a terrible and devious company. Stole the idea of an open tablet, and made it their own for profit.[/citation]

What about running programs externally via USB hard drive?

G

1) Further posts on the forum imply that the heat problem has been overcome.
2) There are efforts underway to locate larger compatible mSata SSD drives.
3) You can always use the USB port for secondary storage.

I think its a lovely 1st Generation product, but now that the public feedback is coming in they should look at a Version 2 with some improvements.

If you don't want to hack, wait for ExoPC or Asus to release theirs.

henrystrawn

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I personally am waiting on Asus. I need an "answer" to my wife's ipad, I just want to make sure it is truly more functional. If buy Christmas nothing has hit the marketplace, I will be buying my first apple product. Say it ain't so.....

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]What about running programs externally via USB hard drive?[/citation]
So you have to carry two things instead of one? Talk about adding bulk. Might as well just buy a laptop and be done with it.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]This tablet is full of fail. 4GB SSD? 1GB RAM? Can you imagine running XP or 7 on those mediocre specs? No wireless-N? This is 2010 isn't it?Fusion Garage is a terrible and devious company. Stole the idea of an open tablet, and made it their own for profit.[/citation]

Can you do better?

G

One way or the other though, the specs are not really worth it.
In this day and age we have the ability to pack more powerful specs in such a 'small space'.

I don't need a tablet for example to be able to play games (any complex ones) ... but I would like the ability to store a few programs.
Seriously, the 4GB SSD is just a stupid gimmick for the most part because contemporary OS-es cannot fit on that.
What ... putting in a 40GB SSD would be too expensive?
Give me a break.
By now we should have seen SSD's dropping in prices like mad due to a variety of manufacturers out there.
And yet ... we still end up with overprices products that offer little for a VERY high price tag.

That's called milking of consumers by giving them incremental technological increases every few YEARS, and charging too much for them.

Sorry, but I find that detestable.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]What about running programs externally via USB hard drive?[/citation]

That pretty much defeats the purpose of a tablet. Why not take the 500bucks + the money for the external drive and just buy a laptop with windos 7 on it?

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Yup. Heck, I've seen Windows 7 run (and run well) on a Pentium 4 with only 1 GB of RAM. It's really amazing how scalable they made it to be

You might be able to run Windows 7 but that's about it.
With 4GB SSD there will be not space to save anything; not even an hour of standard def video (forget HD, which could take 10GB).
Come on JooJoo.... 4GB SSD and 1GB RAM... is this a joke? :eek:
I will pay more $$$ if you get at least 32GB SSD and 2GB of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS