Sign in with
Your question

Gta 4

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2010 1:55:40 PM

hi guys , i recently installed gta4 on my pc. but its very slow and laggy even on lowest settings making it impossible to play. my specs :
intel p4 2.6ghz,
1 gb ddr1 ram,
500 gb sata hdd,
ati hd 4670 ddr3 1gb ram,
win 7 ultimate 32-bit.
please tell me how to play this game smoothly.and please tell me what are those patches for ?

More about : gta

June 28, 2010 2:15:04 PM

your system is nowhere near powerful enough to play GTA4, and with the money you'd have to spend to get it up to scratch you might as well just buy a PS3 and get GTA4 for that.

And it'd run better - the Windows version is such an awful port even top-end systems have trouble running it well.
m
l
June 28, 2010 6:00:13 PM

Yup, you need at a minimum, a dual-core CPU and even then, that doesn't necessarily cut it. A quad core can still have some issues.

On my system (AMD Phenom II X3 720BE, unlocked to a quad core and my ATI HD5750), I can get around 40 fps, but it still dips down into the high twenties, but it's very playable and this is at pretty high settings. Not the highest, but enough that it looks pretty good and still plays smoothly enough to not cause issues.

I was able to upgrade my Athlon X2 4200+ to what I have now, but it did cost a pretty penny:

$99 for the CPU,
$90 for 4 gigs of DDR2 memory,
$35 for the MB which was discounted down from $80 due to the CPU purchase
$135 for the GPU
$30 for new cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+

So, my total expense out of pocket was $389 plus tax. But, I didn't upgrade to this new system for GTA IV alone. I just wanted to ensure I could get a machine that would last me a couple of years since it was already over 3 years old (Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 4 gigs of PC3200 memory - yuck - ATI HD 3870).
m
l
July 4, 2010 6:22:49 PM

GTA is a really badly configured game, but i still really like it.. U really nedd an good cpu [quad core] and a fast gpu and also decent ram / But it might still not be really good compared to other games, because of its bad configuration !
m
l
!