NE2 Terms and Conditions

Exactly how long to you have to use your NE2 credit before it expires?
I've not been able to find this info on the VZW web site and have gotten
answers from 2 months to "six months after the expiration of your
contract" from VZW.

I was waiting until the V710 came out, but I was very disappointed when
I played with a working one at the local VZW store yesterday. All of the
extra features were OK, but the earpiece volume was unacceptably low.
(Telephone first, all the other bells and whistles are secondary.)
Compared to my V60i, the V710 would be unusable on the street,
particularly in NYC. I'm not interested in having to use a headset or
speakerphone mode to overcome this -- not at the price of this phone.
Doing test calls to *611 on each phone, I had to lower the V60i volume
to 4 to match the max V710 setting of 7. Unacceptable.

I'm reading that there is a software update that is due in early Sept.,
but I'm not taking the risk of buying this phone and hoping that this
vaporware will correct this problem. Depending on how long NE2 is good
for, I may wait and see what happens or just pick up a Samsung A-670 or
a Moto V60s.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

FWIW, the phone has great volume. The problem is the hole for the ear
speaker is offset. If you place the ear piece where it feels comfortable to
the ear, the volume seems low. However, if you move the earpiece down lower
than where it would normally be, the volume blasts you out. (Hope that
makes sense.)

"John Golden" <jagolden@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Exactly how long to you have to use your NE2 credit before it expires?
> I've not been able to find this info on the VZW web site and have gotten
> answers from 2 months to "six months after the expiration of your
> contract" from VZW.
>
> I was waiting until the V710 came out, but I was very disappointed when
> I played with a working one at the local VZW store yesterday. All of the
> extra features were OK, but the earpiece volume was unacceptably low.
> (Telephone first, all the other bells and whistles are secondary.)
> Compared to my V60i, the V710 would be unusable on the street,
> particularly in NYC. I'm not interested in having to use a headset or
> speakerphone mode to overcome this -- not at the price of this phone.
> Doing test calls to *611 on each phone, I had to lower the V60i volume
> to 4 to match the max V710 setting of 7. Unacceptable.
>
> I'm reading that there is a software update that is due in early Sept.,
> but I'm not taking the risk of buying this phone and hoping that this
> vaporware will correct this problem. Depending on how long NE2 is good
> for, I may wait and see what happens or just pick up a Samsung A-670 or
> a Moto V60s.

I was aware of the need to find the "sweet spot" from reading reviews of
the phone and from 2 years with my V60i. It does make a big difference,
but the volume makes the phone unusable on a city street. T

he low volume defect is well documented on Phonescoop and Howard Forums.
Its interesting that once the toy factor wears off, people are seeing
the warts on this phone. The user rating on Phonescoop started out at
around 4.5 and has steadily been dropping. Currently its at 3.98.

I'd love to buy this phone, but only if the software is changed to
address the volume issue. Lets hope its not the next T720...

In article <BM-dnUWW75BrsL3cRVn-hw@adelphia.com>, "Michael" <mpmorgan(no
spam)@adelphia.net> says...