USB cable for LG-VX3200?

Has anyone priced these and can give me a ballpark on them? Thanks!

"Dough" <dhubler@charter.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone priced these and can give me a ballpark on them? Thanks!

Dough:

I've been ripping my hair out trying to find them. Every verizon store ive
called says they can order them but none in stock. Found mine on ebay...$20
works well

bozak wrote:
> I've been ripping my hair out trying to find them.

It is always handy to consult the FutureDial site:

http://www.futuredial.com/matrix/M_LG.htm

That shows that a USB to serial cable that works with the
VX4500, VX4600 and VX6000 will work with the VX3200. I
believe the VX4500 and VX4600 are serial only whereas the
VX6000 can use either a direct USB cable or a USB to
serial cable.

Roger

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message

> It is always handy to consult the FutureDial site:
>
> http://www.futuredial.com/matrix/M_LG.htm
>
> That shows that a USB to serial cable that works with the
> VX4500, VX4600 and VX6000 will work with the VX3200. I
> believe the VX4500 and VX4600 are serial only whereas the
> VX6000 can use either a direct USB cable or a USB to
> serial cable.
>
> Roger

Well hello there, 'Mr. BitPim' !! Fancy seeing you on here!

Thanks again for a GREAT program (and did I mention that it's opensource and
thus FREE!)?

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Bob the Printer wrote:
> Well hello there, 'Mr. BitPim' !! Fancy seeing you on here!

I am a regular reader of this group. I just don't respond to
BitPim issues here because then they end up in a seperate
archive rather than the mailing lists which means people won't find
the discussion. Where applicable I make exceptions.

> Thanks again for a GREAT program (and did I mention that it's
> opensource and thus FREE!)?

You are welcome. Note that it is free software as in free
speech: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
You are perfectly within your rights to sell it for a million
dollars. (The trick of course is finding someone to pay
that :)

> You are welcome. Note that it is free software as in free
> speech: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
> You are perfectly within your rights to sell it for a million
> dollars. (The trick of course is finding someone to pay
> that :)
>
> Roger

I don't doubt that there are some unscrupulous people out there that might
be trying to do just that!

Keep up the good work and I still subscribe to the bitpim user mailist.. I
like watching the various people with problems getting them solved, etc. It
amazes me how so many Mac people have problems though, but then I've never
owned a Mac. Closest thing has been Atari 8 bit, 16 bit, and 32 bit
'puters..

--

Bob the Printer wrote:
> I don't doubt that there are some unscrupulous people out there that
> might be trying to do just that!

It isn't unscrupulous to sell it! That is the point of open source/
free software. One of your freedoms is the freedom to sell it for
whatever price you can get someone else to pay. Of course everyone
else has the same freedom.

> them solved, etc. It amazes me how so many Mac people have problems
> though, but then I've never owned a Mac.

The Mac problems are two fold. The first is that the graphics library
I use is less mature on Mac. 0.7.17 will be changing to a new version
which is much improved.

http://bitpim.org/testhelp/faq-mac-crashes.htm

The other reason is that many people try to avoid reading the
help and other documentation. On Windows, the phone won't
even show up without a device driver present, and most cables
come with drivers. On the other platforms all sorts of
random stuff happens. For example the most recent set of
Mac people with issues were because they were using USB to
serial cables without drivers. 0.7.16 now has code to
refuse to use those directly insisting on drivers.

Roger