Sign in with
Your question

Call of duty buffer overrun

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2010 8:43:46 AM

Call of duty was running fine, until i installed a new graphics card (Nvidia 8400 GS) now a C++ runtime error occurs eveytime i try to launch the game. the massage says

"A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue
execution and must now be terminated."

Specs
Intel Hyperthreading Pentium 4 - 3GHz
2GB Ram
Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB
Win 7 Pro

Can anyone help please.......
June 29, 2010 9:45:11 AM

Dont know too much about the 8400 but I'd recommend uninstalling COD updating your GPU drivers to the latest version and then reinstalling COD. If it still occurs, maybe drop back to a previous version of your drivers.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 29, 2010 6:58:18 PM

+1 I would try that too.....

since the only thing you change since is your GC.

Did you install new graphic drivers or just install the card and try to launch the game?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 30, 2010 7:53:18 AM

I downloaded the latest Nvidia Drivers (Beta Ver.).it works fine now.......gotta admit though, had a blonde moment...thanx guys
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 30, 2010 3:22:55 PM

don't worry sh*t happens :)  that why the forums are there!!!! :lol: 
July 1, 2010 7:33:50 AM

Now im having Problems with Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition.......The analog controls are a complete mess......so i installed ControlMK....but it does not display anything i can edit...i cant edit the profile.....its a simple generic dual shock joystick.....can someone hook me up with a working controlMK profile for DMC......or give me some sot of clue to what might be the problem.......
!