Get a Key to All Points Bulletin Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Sounds a lot like enhanced counterstrike and gunz online combine.

I went to APB website, it says beta keys for 5hrs worth of playtime to a city for registered users. need more info.

G

well it's not that good game, cause I've been testing it for 3 months

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I got my key last week. It took THREE DAYS to download the 7.38GB client (so much for my 16Mb RoadRunner). Best speed on their server was 56KB/sec. I get 1100KB/sec from MSDN servers.

I HAD such high hopes for this game. Sadly, it's horrible. The graphics are OK, the controls suck, driving is just as bad as in GTA4, the interface is very hard to use and not intuitive. Due to all the startup adverts, it takes about 3 minutes just to get to the login screen, then another 2 to get into the world. No active map and when you have the map open, you lose all control of your character/car (Don't read and drive!).

If you are expecting a Crackdown MMO, this is not it. It is so much like GTA4, it should be called GTA5: Cops & Robbers.

The only good thing I have to say about it is that the trial is free.

Hopefully, Crackdown 2 isn't screwed up.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Can't tell if this is a beta, demo or the Key to the City demo, which is only 5 hours worth of game time. Never the less...downloading now @ 1.5mb/s

Geibys

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
For all who want to know, its an open beta, kinda, the game is almost ready to go they are just working out the kinks.

And for the actual game, if you have no problem downloading 7.07gigs for the game, you might as well try it out. Me and some friends have started playing this and it is very addictive.

If you've seen trailers and gameplay videos trust me, they do not lie.

I deffinetly recommend anyone to try this out.

Awsome. a 70meg download that downloads an extra 8.6 gigs. Why can every other MMO get away with like a 1-5meg patcher.

Either way, if its the 5 HOUR keys to the city, no thinks. Hell even when you get the game you can play in the "Action Zone" for 50 hours then pay $7 for every 20 hours extra or $10 a month. This would be on the cheap end of MMO's, but for a multilayer GTA, I think i will have to pass.

EDIT....who am I kidding...FREE DEMO....sure why not....will post how I find it later.

G

Wow talk about late news. I've had access to the beta since last Friday when it was announced.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
BTW: It does say "Demo Key", NOT "Beta Key". This is a key for the 5 hour demo, not a beta key.
FYI: Five minutes later and the site says 88% of the available keys are left.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]This sounds greatPeople have been looking for an MMO crossed with GTA for ages[/citation]Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but it sounds like a good combo to me - if it's well executed. (no sarcasm)

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It sounds great on paper (uh, what?), but the comments here made my expectations drop from "It's gonna be SWEET!" to, "Cautious optimism".

I would love a GTA-like multi-player game where you could raid other gangs (player guilds), or banks (npc). RPG stats that increases with use and skill, not while grinding xp. Side missions that includes driving, racing, kidnapping, assassinations, etc. Gang leaders could have diplomacy with other gangs (non-agression, association, war, etc.). No "trade chat". You'll have to actually meet people to be able to talk to them, unless you already met them before and have them on your friend list. A game like that would have tremendous potential. In fact, I think I'm gonna start designing one right now!

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
TBH I've only ever played one of the GTA to actually complete the game. The rest I just kind of messed around experimenting with stuff, just doing whatever. If they can pull that off in a multi-player environment, with some organization like "gangs" or whatever that would be cool. Very sandboxish.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but it sounds like a good combo to me - if it's well executed. (no sarcasm)[/citation]
I learned very quickly that in here no one understands sarcasm unless you do this
/sarcasm
In fact, I like the idea so much im even going to hit ordinary GTA3 again to get me in the mood

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
"Earn money, clothing, weapons, and cars as you play."

Hm, work to earn money to play game to earn money.
Does this game have subscription fee?

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I have been playing it the past 2 days and I have to say it is awsome and has tons of potential! There is so much customization that is is almost over whelming![citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom] I like the idea so much im even going to hit ordinary GTA3 again to get me in the mood[/citation] if you like GTA3 you will like the mod for the PC that turns it into an mmo. That is what APB reminds me of.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
third-person action game

Fail!

1st person or GTFO. I don't need to see the backside of my avatar playing the game, I need to see the guys I'm shooting at. 3rd person was the most annoying part about GTA, it made targeting a real pain and made it rough to see what was going on.

mavicz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
It's good fun. If your looking for simple fun with MMO elements, then this is a good game. If your a self important blow hard who cries that every game is not exactly what you want, then you won't like it.
As for the guy who cried about "adverts" in the beginning. You must be a real power user, too bad you can't figure out how to press the escape key to skip it.
Like I said though, fun action MMO.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]"Earn money, clothing, weapons, and cars as you play."Hm, work to earn money to play game to earn money. Does this game have subscription fee?[/citation]
Yes it does, I believe it gives you the option for monthly subscription or hourly based. You can earn money ingame buy selling your song/graphics/clothes etc. to pay for subscription I heard as well, but am not sure if this is true.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]It sounds great on paper (uh, what?), but the comments here made my expectations drop from "It's gonna be SWEET!" to, "Cautious optimism".I would love a GTA-like multi-player game where you could raid other gangs (player guilds), or banks (npc). RPG stats that increases with use and skill, not while grinding xp. Side missions that includes driving, racing, kidnapping, assassinations, etc. Gang leaders could have diplomacy with other gangs (non-agression, association, war, etc.). No "trade chat". You'll have to actually meet people to be able to talk to them, unless you already met them before and have them on your friend list. A game like that would have tremendous potential. In fact, I think I'm gonna start designing one right now![/citation]Dont let the people bad mouthing it turn you away this is a fun game. The game needs some work but so does every MMO when it is launched. Anyhow this game has tons of potential. Last night me and three other friends teamed up and owned some criminal a**.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]Sounds a lot like enhanced counterstrike and gunz online combine.I went to APB website, it says beta keys for 5hrs worth of playtime to a city for registered users. need more info.[/citation]
You have to create an acount with their site which will be your account for the game (free). Get Key to the City code and download the client. It only took me about an hour download and install (I was even raiding in wow while it was doing so). Its an open beta so basically its a demo for 5 hrs. keys are very easy to obtain, they are being given away like candy :).

Status
Not open for further replies.