Sign in with
Your question

Games worth playing still

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2010 1:12:54 PM

What games does everyone feel is still worth playing eg. warcraft 3,call of duty,brothers in arms?

More about : games worth playing

July 1, 2010 1:51:37 PM

Definitely brothers in arms, call of duty is great but it only takes off after modern Warfare... didn't like World at War that much....

look for games that have great sequels and prequels, and just move your way back, ten to one, its one story extending to the next...

Prince of Persia, F.E.A.R., etc...

July 1, 2010 1:58:38 PM

I love sequels but there arn't many got all three brothers in arms and still play them.

Splinter cell
Call of duty
Homeworld ( Remember that )
diablo 2
warcraft 3
age of empires
Related resources
July 1, 2010 2:10:21 PM

Heck I still play Wasteland at times (gotta love DosBox)

Xcom trilogy
Total Annihilation
Homeworld & H:Catylcsm (sp)
Far Cry

July 1, 2010 5:32:48 PM

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
COD MW 2
Borderlands
Really love them. :love: 
July 1, 2010 5:44:07 PM

far cry 2
borderlands
fear
left 4 dead
assassins creed
hawx

I want to play prototype is it good or just another 3rd person type of game?
July 1, 2010 7:15:44 PM

@Jonathern I loved prototype probably one of my favorite games of 2009, and

Age Of Empires 2
Left 4 dead 1&2
Call of duty series
BIA Series
Fallout Games (1,2,3)
Diablo 2
July 2, 2010 5:26:59 AM

Yeah really want to try prototype out
July 2, 2010 8:01:53 AM

Jonathern said:
What games does everyone feel is still worth playing eg. warcraft 3,call of duty,brothers in arms?

What do you mean by still worth playing..? :??: 
July 2, 2010 8:38:07 AM

The question is vague indeed. It is matter of personal preference what games one plays and feels like re-playing. There are a few games I always come back to:

- Total War series (particulalry mods for RTW and M2TW)
- Stalker series (vanilla as well as modded versions)
July 2, 2010 9:48:00 AM

Ahh people The question "Games worth playing still" Refers to the games we used to play or currently still do,this thread is just to highlight games to help people remember in case they would like to play the above mentioned or just to mention what you as a person feel is worth playing over and over again.

hope all understand
July 2, 2010 9:51:37 AM

Command & Conquor Red Alert 1 & 2
Need For Speed:Most Wanted
Pro Evo 5 (loved that version, especially the team editor)
Call of Duty 3 (best one for single player)
oh and Flashback!
July 2, 2010 9:56:48 AM

Was COD 3 On PC?Here iv always seen it PS2 format,
Nothing will ever beat most wanted story line was perfect
July 2, 2010 11:09:19 AM

Warcraft 3
Counterstrike: Source
COD 4

Fifa 07 on PS2!
July 2, 2010 1:27:07 PM

quake 3, ut 2004, shogo mad, kilngon honour guard. these are old but still fun as hell to thrash through. ignore the graphics and enjoy pure game play :) 
July 2, 2010 1:53:53 PM

Yeah especially just for lan parties or at home with friends they awsome to play,its not always about graphics its for the fun of the game i agree
July 2, 2010 2:02:20 PM

Jonathern said:
Yeah especially just for lan parties or at home with friends they awsome to play,its not always about graphics its for the fun of the game i agree

You haven't answered my question yet...
July 2, 2010 3:38:43 PM

Jonathern said:
far cry 2
borderlands
fear
left 4 dead
assassins creed
hawx

I want to play prototype is it good or just another 3rd person type of game?

I really enjoyed prototype. I like being able to pick up cars and chuck them at helicopters. The graphics aren't all that and the gameplay does get repetitive, but the game itself is pretty entertaining. I say if you can find it steam for cheap then pick it up.
July 2, 2010 5:45:15 PM

Thanks cappster,You know i don't like buying games when the videos look cool cause games are some what different when you play graphics wise,i like a review first.lol
July 2, 2010 5:50:58 PM

Ok what was the question?If it's related to the heading of this thread then im sorry for the misunderstanding but i did leave a message with what i meant by it,read carefully you will see.
July 2, 2010 6:08:05 PM

Jonathern said:
Ok what was the question?If it's related to the heading of this thread then im sorry for the misunderstanding but i did leave a message with what i meant by it,read carefully you will see.

Yes, I read your message but you example doesn't make sense to me. Do you mean older games?
July 2, 2010 7:19:48 PM

Jonathern said:
Thanks cappster,You know i don't like buying games when the videos look cool cause games are some what different when you play graphics wise,i like a review first.lol

I hear you on that man. Hey, I just checked steam and they put it on sale today for 15 bucks.
July 2, 2010 10:10:15 PM

Well if you take a look at the thread you will see what people refer to as games still worth playing,in other words yes older games or games you have had over time,new games as well
July 2, 2010 10:12:01 PM

wow so it was on special whats the retail price?
July 3, 2010 4:01:16 AM

I am actually running through Half Life 1 right now.... I'm playing through Half Life 1, Half LIfe 2, Half Life 2 EP1, and Half Life 2 EP2 and trying to see how fast I can do it... Of course... the fact that I just ordered a new laptop to replace my laptop that I use now is a plus. I actually wanted to do a lot of gaming on my current laptop (ATi Mobility Radeon X1400) before I got my new laptop which has an ATi 5650 (Quite a step up) so I could see the dramatic difference in performance.

But back on topic...

The half life series
Portal
Counter Strike Source
Team Fortress 2
Battle Field Bad Company 2
Quake 3 and 4
Halo CE and Halo 2
And I just downloaded the demo of Fifa 09 (since 10 cannot be played on an X1400) and I really enjoy that.
July 4, 2010 8:50:35 AM

I wish i could get a laptop that would be at desktop level,they should really move towards that going to friends or out to play lan would make life so much easier
July 4, 2010 8:42:57 PM

OK well, trip down nostalgia lane then: The original C&C is so damn good that I still dig it out on occasion. C&C3 is a lot more recent but also gets quite a bit of play time. I'm a big fan of the BFME series as well. Most of my current game time is being devoted to another strategy classic: Jagged Alliance. Just started paying JA2 for the first time, and it's awesome!
July 5, 2010 6:09:50 AM

Well we share something in common then cause i to enjoy strategy more than i enjoy anything else don't know why,but unfortunately around here everyone is in to first person shooters,im for that but more for strategy
July 5, 2010 6:11:25 AM

I can understand why they so pricy cause its practically got everything you will ever really need in a pc.lol
July 5, 2010 10:43:17 AM

Prototype was great fun! Although, I doubt you'd be too interested in playing it again after you've finished it. But def. worth it once!

Just picked up COD, COD2, COD4, COD United Offensive and COD5 from steam at 30 bucks....some of their weekend deals are quite worth it.
July 5, 2010 10:49:25 AM

Yeah Starting to think i should look at steam for great deals,lol
!