Sign in with
Your question

Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro chipset MB: Stereo Sound

Last response: in Motherboards
November 9, 2004 8:26:56 AM

Hi all

I have a system based on the above Mother Board.
My query is about stereo sound from this MB.
The sound volume from the system is VERY low I have been through all the settings and the config from what I can see is perfect, the drivers
are upto date. The volume via the Windows sound mixer is on maximum.
But still overall volume is low, it is so low so I can't decide on quality yet. I have everything plugged in the correct ports and have check the amp and speakers connections, all is fine. I use a very powerful
studio amp and speakers and they have always produced high quality sound from a PC. I suspect there is something deep in the software that needs correcting as I have run though at "surface" level what I think might be the problem but I can't find what it is.
The main windows sound volume is on MAX. Is there a surround sound function that has been left on? I am only interested in Stereo Sound. I would also liek to add I am
using analogue amp & speakers.

Please can you advise.
November 9, 2004 5:18:25 PM

This happened to me before with another board, but it was a driver problem, maybe you have the latest drivers for the wrong board!

try reinstalling the latest drivers from the website, be carefull to choose the correct variant.

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/drivers/ac97/alc650/...

should be the right one if you were precise in your topic line.
!