Battlefield 2 crashes

skullysquirrel

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I just reformatted my computer, installed Battlefield 2, installed updates, and I go to start battlefield 2 and it just flickers to a black screen for 2 seconds then my computer restarts. I have updated the graphic drivers to the latest.

System Specs are:
400 Watt Psu
P4 3.0GHZ HT
2Gigs DDR ram
HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670AGP ICEQ
1 IDE HDD
1 DVD-RW/CD-RW drive

vincentm83

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Have you done all operating system updates? Go to start, then run and type in eventvwr. Look at system and application logs and you may be able to pinpoint the source of the error.

Also want to make sure everything in directX is ok. Go to start run and type in dxdiag. Make sure you have the latest version and then go to the display tab and test directdraw and direct3d.

skullysquirrel

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Okay So I did the tests, the direct3d, although i could see the spinning Direct X box, it was spinning crazy fast and was impossible to see the actual Direct x logo. On the System and Application logs, I didn't see anything abnormal, but I do recall when my computer rebooted after crashing, windows displayed a error, that said the computer rebooted to save itself from corruption/damaging files. It also said it is a blue screen error, but i saw no blue screen.

skullysquirrel

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Tried everything, I did the eventvwr, looked at the error logs, and this is what it gave me after it rebooted after trying to start battlefield 2.

This is what I get when my computer reboots after the game crashes.

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

I'm starting to think the video I have is the main issue, because when i re-install my older video card it runs just fine.

Also I've been in a chat with HIS reps, for a week now trying to figure out the issue. Because this only happens when i go to play battlefield 2, and with Half-life 2 Garrysmod, when i go to spawn menu, it crashes then, but the game loads up, i'm able to crank the graphics up, and run fine, if i don't open the spawn menu. ALSO I went to play Starcraft 2 beta with the video card and it was acting up, sound problems, and strange fps lag every few seconds.