Punkbuster problems cod4

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
July 3, 2010 5:33:05 AM

Hi every body ..
i have a problem with cod4 PB ..
all is updated but i get kicked with this reason ::

Dissalowed program/driver [125120]

i join a serv and i can play like .. 2 or 3 minutes and it kick me every time ..

please help me ( i play on steam )
and sorry for my english
July 7, 2010 6:59:40 AM

Might be some program in the background causing this, try turning off un-needed programs in the system tray. If that doesn't work then update drivers for Graphics Card and Sound Card.

Common programs causing this:
ATi Tray Tools
Mumble
Score
July 7, 2010 11:59:36 AM

Go to the punkbuste website, and manually update PB via PBSetup (or whatever they call it this week...).
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 7, 2010 5:04:09 PM

Do you use the EVGA precision overlay? that will cause this issue... Just about any overlay that shows your framrate or temps on screen will cause this problem... I was getting the same error, stopped the overlay, restarted the game, no more PB errors...
Score
July 8, 2010 1:55:01 AM

Just by the way if you are running Call of Duty 4 with steam punkbuster will mess up cause of steam.
Score
July 8, 2010 11:21:42 AM

I am also getting kicked by punkbuster on a seperate Win XP machine for a "Heartbeats Stopped" error... I am sorry that I cannot help but I would like to know your fix.
Score
July 15, 2010 11:45:53 AM

Bostick said:
Might be some program in the background causing this, try turning off un-needed programs in the system tray. If that doesn't work then update drivers for Graphics Card and Sound Card.

Common programs causing this:
ATi Tray Tools
Mumble

you should right - click on the game in steam. Then click properties, then deselect the enable steam community in game. The steam overlay can cause punkbuster problems. This is how i stopped that error.
Score
July 15, 2010 1:18:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!