strange behavior of 3Com 3CRPAG175

hi,

i have bought a 3Com 3CRPAG175 and have some trouble with it.
when there are no wireless networks reachalbe and i have the xjack
antenna out (only then) the mouse coursor freezes for a moment every
time the little led on the antenna lights up.
i believe this cannot be normal.
my notebook runs windows xp professional, sp2. 3com driver is current
1.0.0.25.
does anybody have ideas what i can do against that?
any help appreciated
thanks in advance

alexander huemer
1 answer Last reply
More about strange behavior 3com 3crpag175

    "alexander huemer" <alex_huemer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i have bought a 3Com 3CRPAG175 and have some trouble with it.
    > when there are no wireless networks reachalbe and i have the xjack
    > antenna out (only then) the mouse coursor freezes for a moment every
    > time the little led on the antenna lights up.
    > i believe this cannot be normal.
    > my notebook runs windows xp professional, sp2. 3com driver is current
    > 1.0.0.25.
    > does anybody have ideas what i can do against that?
    > any help appreciated
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > alexander huemer

    I had exactly this problem with a 3CRPAG175 and my Dell Inspiron 8000, also
    running Win XP Pro. Strangely the problem was only there when I was running
    at 802.11g speeds. When I changed my router to 802.11b speeds the problem
    vanished. Interestingly the card also worked perfectly at both speeds in my
    the same laptop when running Windows Me. It was only g speeds and XP that
    caused a problem. Sometimes it was just momentary mouse freezes but
    ultimately the laptop would freeze completely with CPU at 100% and the only
    option was to hit the power button.

    I spent months trying to resolve this with 3Com and in the end they refunded
    me in full (I hadn't even bought the card from them!). I am now using a
    Netgear WG511 with no problems whatsoever.

    Have a look at previous threads here....

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&threadm=btbe64%245b45j%241%40ID-198854.news.uni-berlin.de&rnum=9&prev=/groups%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3D3crpag175

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&frame=right&th=9fcfdaf015b86cd7&seekm=%238LIbVGKEHA.4052%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl#link1

    Try searching Google Groups for 3CRPAG175 and you'll find a few more
    threads/comments. Long story short, I suspect you will need to get a
    different card.

3Com Wireless Networking