Oooooooooh!

Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=

--
"Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:08:30 GMT, Inglo <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote:

>Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>
>http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=

yikes! $1300.00 is more than I spent on my whole box!

But I'll prolly find a way next time I build. Damn, I knew I shoulda
got the Ultra. Then I'd be a third of the way there. :eek:

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

shawk

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>
> http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=
>
> --
> "Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and
> watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

.....so.... all I need to do is spend around £850 on two graphics cards and I
can get 70fps in Doom3? Bargain :)

On 10/14/2004 2:42 PM Shawk brightened our day with:

>"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>

>>Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>>
>>http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=
>>

>....so.... all I need to do is spend around £850 on two graphics cards and I
>can get 70fps in Doom3? Bargain :)

at 1600x1200.

--
"Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS

Keep in mind that at 16x12 you really don't need AA or AF. I get 65fps
in timedemo with an overclocked 6800GT.

rms

shawk

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 10/14/2004 2:42 PM Shawk brightened our day with:
>
>>"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>>
>>>Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>>>
>>>http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=
>>>

>>....so.... all I need to do is spend around £850 on two graphics cards and
>>I can get 70fps in Doom3? Bargain :)
>>

> at 1600x1200.
>
> --
> "Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and
> watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Yeah it's impressive ... but... you're not making me feel any better Steve -
bloody monitor probably couldnt do 1600x1200 - another £400...... sobs

SLI, finally using 3dfx technology!!!

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>
> http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTE2ODAsT2N0b2JlciAgLDIwMDQ=
>
> --
> "Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and
> watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

"physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> SLI, finally using 3dfx technology!!!

ROFLMAO

jk

Fred At Home wrote:

> "physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > SLI, finally using 3dfx technology!!!
>
> ROFLMAO

It isn't that funny, as Nvidia now owns the rights to all of the patents that
3DFX had.

hg

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > Doom 3 1600x1200 4xAA 71.4 FPS
>
> Keep in mind that at 16x12 you really don't need AA or AF. I get
65fps
> in timedemo with an overclocked 6800GT.
>
> rms

AA - Correct, no need.
AF - Incorrect, as this affects how well textures blend into the distance,
look up some examples of AF to see what I mean. Actually, I guess you need
_more_ AF as res goes up - coz it means that distant objects are easier to
pick out on screen, therefore you certainly don't want them to be a blurry
mess.

"JK" <JK9821@netscape.net> wrote in message

> Fred At Home wrote:
>
>> "physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > SLI, finally using 3dfx technology!!!
>>
>> ROFLMAO
>
> It isn't that funny, as Nvidia now owns the rights to all of the patents
> that
> 3DFX had.

.............. duh

"Fred At Home" <fredlly@yuorkiiding.com> wrote in message
> "JK" <JK9821@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Fred At Home wrote:
>>
>>> "physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> ROFLMAO
>>
>> It isn't that funny, as Nvidia now owns the rights to all of the
>> patents
>> that
>> 3DFX had.

It's always good to get a chuckle first thing in the morning Fred,
thanks :)
McG.