Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

dropping 8% of my calls. & billing errors

Tags:
  • Verizon
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Product
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:16:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Is this a norm for most people? Just curious. That and for my august bill
they charged me for .45 a minute on my plan where i have 400 general minutes
and unlimited in network.... first they said i owed it till they looked up
the plan and then said i didn't have in network and i told them to look at
last months statement. after they actually looked then they credited
everything. computer glitch they had said. from august 3 bills and i am the
first for the aug 13th billing period.

brian

More about : dropping calls billing errors

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:16:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I have had a high number of billing errors (6 in first year, 2 this
year) that have ALWAYS been in favour of VZW. They have always
fixed them without issue. Anecdotally it would appear fairly
normal for billing errors to happen more often than people
expect.

It does annoy me that part of the money I pay them goes to pay
CS and whoever else to take the calls on these and spend the
time fixing them. Although that keeps (many?) people employed,
it doesn't really benefit the customers or the service.

Roger
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:26:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Brian S. <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> Is this a norm for most people? Just curious. That and for my august bill
> they charged me for .45 a minute on my plan where i have 400 general minutes
> and unlimited in network.... first they said i owed it till they looked up
> the plan and then said i didn't have in network and i told them to look at
> last months statement. after they actually looked then they credited
> everything. computer glitch they had said. from august 3 bills and i am the
> first for the aug 13th billing period.

Billing issues do occasionally pop up with Verizon but I've found them to
be pretty good about crediting screwups. Regarding drops - where are you
experiencing the dropped calls?

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:55:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:28:27 -0400, "Killer Madness"
<killer@nospam.net> wrote:

>Remember, all the billing mistakes will ALWAYS be in the company's favor.

Not always. I got my BellSouth DSL service at 1/2 price for 5 months
instead of the 3 promised. I'm sure VZW makes many mistakes the other
way, too. You just don't hear people "complaining" about those types.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:55:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
> Not always. I got my BellSouth DSL service at 1/2 price for 5 months
> instead of the 3 promised. I'm sure VZW makes many mistakes the other
> way, too. You just don't hear people "complaining" about those types.

I am one of those people who fastidiously points out errors made in my
favour (often to the surprise of others). VZW haven't come remotely close
to making an error in my favour. And yes I would complain about that
too. It is the moral equivalent of stealing. I am sure many other
people have the same opinion.

Roger
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 5:11:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Most of my dropped calls happen within 2-5 miles of my house or what they
call home area. The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and as i
am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.

Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on the phone
for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which towers and
said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment problem. So, i
took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i may be
able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't any.

The first tech i had said it was the other parties phone and that i would
have to let her call in tech support. which she did and they laughed about
what the first tech said and then had her tell me to call back and ask for
the second guy which helped me most. It helps that she is in charge of 27
phones for a family business..

My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.

brian s.
"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:ePidnbIT88V157zcRVn-ow@lmi.net...
> Brian S. <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Is this a norm for most people? Just curious. That and for my august
bill
> > they charged me for .45 a minute on my plan where i have 400 general
minutes
> > and unlimited in network.... first they said i owed it till they looked
up
> > the plan and then said i didn't have in network and i told them to look
at
> > last months statement. after they actually looked then they credited
> > everything. computer glitch they had said. from august 3 bills and i am
the
> > first for the aug 13th billing period.
>
> Billing issues do occasionally pop up with Verizon but I've found them to
> be pretty good about crediting screwups. Regarding drops - where are you
> experiencing the dropped calls?
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 5:34:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:11:34 -0400, "Brian S."
<deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:

>The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
>drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and as i
>am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.

Maybe there is a tower near the store or an in-store repeater.

>Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on the phone
>for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which towers and
>said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment problem. So, i
>took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i may be
>able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't any.

You can drop calls with a decent digital signal if the towers can't
hear you behind the background clutter of all the other phones. Did
he give you any idea of the geographical spread of the towers you hit
while at home?

>My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.

The closest one to me is exactly 1.75 miles away, yet I regularly hit
towers 15 miles+ away. It's all about the topography here. Could that
be an issue where you are? I ask because we sound to be in similar
circumstances.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 5:58:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

i am in new jersey, right across from philadelphia. There are no high
buildings or high land levels here within the towers i hit. He said all of
my towers are within 2 miles and it shouldnt be happening. Yet i have
friends with different phones make calls where mine drops. Also it isn't
just one tower that is doing this. so that takes out the tower part.

was just at a party last weekend and a guy had a startac and was making
calls with no problem. Same as one with a t730. i have the 4500, it drops
bad. before that i had the 8900 vox and it never dropped a call but the
speaker wasn't that good and then before that i had the 4400 which dropped
it. Maybe it is the lg models? before that i had the 3035, loved the phone
but moved on to flip and color.

the vzw store does not have any problems exchanging the phones out each time
i go but it is getting to the point where i am on the phone with 922-0204
more than using my phone and *611. they ask me why i didnt dial *611 and i
tell them i couldnt complete the whole call if i did.

other carriers can make calls from here and in the house/office but they
have low signal strength. the tech even told me that the rx power and signal
strength have nothing to do with it. it is all about towers. i consider 2
miles being pretty good especially since they are n,s,e,w from me.....

i currently use about 600-700 minutes when i would use double that for my 50
dollars. right now i figure 8 cents a minute when i could be doing better
than that if i could actually have use of the phone.

prl updated, software version updated, and all settings ok.

brian s.


brian s.
"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
news:js53i05ajie1gtotik3mvub6588t7tbfb0@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:11:34 -0400, "Brian S."
> <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
> >drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and as
i
> >am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.
>
> Maybe there is a tower near the store or an in-store repeater.
>
> >Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on the
phone
> >for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which towers
and
> >said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment problem. So,
i
> >took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i may
be
> >able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't any.
>
> You can drop calls with a decent digital signal if the towers can't
> hear you behind the background clutter of all the other phones. Did
> he give you any idea of the geographical spread of the towers you hit
> while at home?
>
> >My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.
>
> The closest one to me is exactly 1.75 miles away, yet I regularly hit
> towers 15 miles+ away. It's all about the topography here. Could that
> be an issue where you are? I ask because we sound to be in similar
> circumstances.
>
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 2:42:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Brian S. <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> Most of my dropped calls happen within 2-5 miles of my house or what they
> call home area. The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
> drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and as i
> am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.

Where do you live?

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 10:21:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

woodbury nj, across the bridge from center city philadelphia...

brian

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:_fqdnRkRqeodur_cRVn-pw@lmi.net...
> Brian S. <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Most of my dropped calls happen within 2-5 miles of my house or what
they
> > call home area. The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it
never
> > drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and as
i
> > am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.
>
> Where do you live?
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 12:01:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Brian S. <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> woodbury nj, across the bridge from center city philadelphia...

Sorry, I was hoping it'd be an area where I've had some experience using
VZW.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 3:01:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Killer Madness wrote:
> Comcast wants to keep you as a customer...hence they understand the
> competition and lower your price for you to make you happy. Unlike
> Verizon, which if you called them and said the same thing they would
> laugh in your face and think you are really crazy for asking that.

So it sounds like Comcast gouges their customers? Then for the very
few that complain they drop the price to something more reasonable?
Or do they come out and notify all their customers that there has been
a rate decrease without the customer initiating anything? Then I would
be impressed.

I think I'd rather deal with a company that advertises a rate and
doesn't deal. Kind of like they did with the Saturn cars as opposed
to "squeeze what you can and here is the secret bottom line price
for customer retention".

-Quick
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 4:32:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Scott Stephenson <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

> You forgot to include raising prices at will, operating as unregulated
> monopolies, dropping services and channels without notice, and hiding their
> 'fees" in a single line item.

Nitpick: Cable companies usually *are* regulated. Ask your state PUC if they'll
accept complaints about your cable carrier; that's a good tipoff that they are.
(PUCs don't handle complaints about unregulated communications companies like,
for example, wireless. Except in a few states, that is.)

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:06:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The 4500 has more posts for dropped cals than any other phone I've read
about in the last several weeks. Get a different phone.

Gregg Hill


"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p -idnTFAR_ThA7zcRVn-hA@comcast.com...
> i am in new jersey, right across from philadelphia. There are no high
> buildings or high land levels here within the towers i hit. He said all
of
> my towers are within 2 miles and it shouldnt be happening. Yet i have
> friends with different phones make calls where mine drops. Also it isn't
> just one tower that is doing this. so that takes out the tower part.
>
> was just at a party last weekend and a guy had a startac and was making
> calls with no problem. Same as one with a t730. i have the 4500, it drops
> bad. before that i had the 8900 vox and it never dropped a call but the
> speaker wasn't that good and then before that i had the 4400 which dropped
> it. Maybe it is the lg models? before that i had the 3035, loved the phone
> but moved on to flip and color.
>
> the vzw store does not have any problems exchanging the phones out each
time
> i go but it is getting to the point where i am on the phone with 922-0204
> more than using my phone and *611. they ask me why i didnt dial *611 and i
> tell them i couldnt complete the whole call if i did.
>
> other carriers can make calls from here and in the house/office but they
> have low signal strength. the tech even told me that the rx power and
signal
> strength have nothing to do with it. it is all about towers. i consider 2
> miles being pretty good especially since they are n,s,e,w from me.....
>
> i currently use about 600-700 minutes when i would use double that for my
50
> dollars. right now i figure 8 cents a minute when i could be doing better
> than that if i could actually have use of the phone.
>
> prl updated, software version updated, and all settings ok.
>
> brian s.
>
>
> brian s.
> "The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
> news:js53i05ajie1gtotik3mvub6588t7tbfb0@4ax.com...
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:11:34 -0400, "Brian S."
> > <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > >The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
> > >drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and
as
> i
> > >am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.
> >
> > Maybe there is a tower near the store or an in-store repeater.
> >
> > >Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on the
> phone
> > >for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which
towers
> and
> > >said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment problem.
So,
> i
> > >took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i may
> be
> > >able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't any.
> >
> > You can drop calls with a decent digital signal if the towers can't
> > hear you behind the background clutter of all the other phones. Did
> > he give you any idea of the geographical spread of the towers you hit
> > while at home?
> >
> > >My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.
> >
> > The closest one to me is exactly 1.75 miles away, yet I regularly hit
> > towers 15 miles+ away. It's all about the topography here. Could that
> > be an issue where you are? I ask because we sound to be in similar
> > circumstances.
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 11:55:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Killer Madness" <killer@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:jYyVc.35265$864.2582@fe36.usenetserver.com...
> You kidding? Cable companies are looked at ALL the time with their rates.
> You obviously have no idea on how a cable company operates, do you? We
can't
> raise our prices for the hell of it. Investigate a little more then
respond
> to me with correct information. You're way off.
>

Looked at by who? The local governments can only regulate basic cable rates
by FCC regualtion, the FCC no longer regulates any cable pricing, and state
governments have no authority. I've done my investigating, and did it well
before this thread even started. Because the only price regulation occurs
on basic cable, these prices remain somewhat stable, while everything else
goes through the roof.

You never did answer the question- how many times the rate of inflation have
cable prices increased over the last ten years?
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 12:02:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:qpWdnerzH4ecELjcRVn-vA@lmi.net...
> Scott Stephenson <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> > You forgot to include raising prices at will, operating as unregulated
> > monopolies, dropping services and channels without notice, and hiding
their
> > 'fees" in a single line item.
>
> Nitpick: Cable companies usually *are* regulated. Ask your state PUC if
they'll
> accept complaints about your cable carrier; that's a good tipoff that they
are.
> (PUCs don't handle complaints about unregulated communications companies
like,
> for example, wireless. Except in a few states, that is.)

Actually, I have contacted the PUC about cable companies in the past- they
don't care, as cable is not a utility. Try complaining about a 25% increase
in pricing sometime- a lot of sympathetic ears, but nobody willing to
investigate.

When the majority of cable franchises were established, the industry was
heavily regualted, both atr the local and federal level. When the FCC
decided to deregulate, they left no avenue for the customer, and actually
disallowed local franchise boards to enforce certain areas of the contracts
in place.
August 21, 2004 3:34:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Not so around here.
The local government bodies are regularly threatening the cable company's
with not renewing their agreement to provide cable service to the community.
They do this when the governing body gets too many complaints about said
cable co. It does get the cable co's attention, quickly.

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:QdudnTst2q01yLrcRVn-vA@adelphia.com...
>
> "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> news:qpWdnerzH4ecELjcRVn-vA@lmi.net...
> > Scott Stephenson <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
> >
> > > You forgot to include raising prices at will, operating as unregulated
> > > monopolies, dropping services and channels without notice, and hiding
> their
> > > 'fees" in a single line item.
> >
> > Nitpick: Cable companies usually *are* regulated. Ask your state PUC if
> they'll
> > accept complaints about your cable carrier; that's a good tipoff that
they
> are.
> > (PUCs don't handle complaints about unregulated communications companies
> like,
> > for example, wireless. Except in a few states, that is.)
>
> Actually, I have contacted the PUC about cable companies in the past- they
> don't care, as cable is not a utility. Try complaining about a 25%
increase
> in pricing sometime- a lot of sympathetic ears, but nobody willing to
> investigate.
>
> When the majority of cable franchises were established, the industry was
> heavily regualted, both atr the local and federal level. When the FCC
> decided to deregulate, they left no avenue for the customer, and actually
> disallowed local franchise boards to enforce certain areas of the
contracts
> in place.
>
>
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:37:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Brad" <me@here.invalid> wrote in message
news:D PSdnYOxmKfm5LrcRVn-qw@sigecom.net...
> Not so around here.
> The local government bodies are regularly threatening the cable company's
> with not renewing their agreement to provide cable service to the
community.
> They do this when the governing body gets too many complaints about said
> cable co. It does get the cable co's attention, quickly.
>

Complaints about pricing or service(or lack of)?
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 4:13:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:02:01 -0600, "Scott Stephenson"
<scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>When the majority of cable franchises were established, the industry was
>heavily regualted, both atr the local and federal level.

Uh, maybe it was different where you lived, but when cable first
rolled out in this general area in the late 70's, the South Carolina
Public Service Commission had no regulatory power over them then, or
now. The only local "control" is by the issuance of franchise rights,
usually at the city or county level. And they generally turn a deaf
ear to pricing complaints, but do tend to listen to complaints about
service problems. Not that it would make much difference, as all they
could do is not renew their franchise, which lasts for 10 years at a
clip here.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 4:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
news:krsei0pufp2nm5lsdsjestudrn8cm13gb3@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:02:01 -0600, "Scott Stephenson"
> <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> >When the majority of cable franchises were established, the industry was
> >heavily regualted, both atr the local and federal level.
>
> Uh, maybe it was different where you lived, but when cable first
> rolled out in this general area in the late 70's, the South Carolina
> Public Service Commission had no regulatory power over them then, or
> now. The only local "control" is by the issuance of franchise rights,
> usually at the city or county level. And they generally turn a deaf
> ear to pricing complaints, but do tend to listen to complaints about
> service problems. Not that it would make much difference, as all they
> could do is not renew their franchise, which lasts for 10 years at a
> clip here.
>

The majority of the regulation was at the federal level (FCC), and if you
were to look at the original franchise agreements, pricing was included,
just never addressed.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:15:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

they wont exchange it for another phone until i take it in for the 3rd time.
1st time it was flashed and the software got screwed up so they gave me
another phone and then the second time they switched it out and now i am
still dropping. they said after i take it in once more they would maybe ask
the manager.

i am not asking for a free phone. what i am asking them to do is give me
credit for that phone and then let me pay the difference for another phone.

brian s.

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:b%yVc.12950$Qa4.10205@twister.socal.rr.com...
> The 4500 has more posts for dropped cals than any other phone I've read
> about in the last several weeks. Get a different phone.
>
> Gregg Hill
>
>
> "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:p -idnTFAR_ThA7zcRVn-hA@comcast.com...
> > i am in new jersey, right across from philadelphia. There are no high
> > buildings or high land levels here within the towers i hit. He said all
> of
> > my towers are within 2 miles and it shouldnt be happening. Yet i have
> > friends with different phones make calls where mine drops. Also it isn't
> > just one tower that is doing this. so that takes out the tower part.
> >
> > was just at a party last weekend and a guy had a startac and was making
> > calls with no problem. Same as one with a t730. i have the 4500, it
drops
> > bad. before that i had the 8900 vox and it never dropped a call but the
> > speaker wasn't that good and then before that i had the 4400 which
dropped
> > it. Maybe it is the lg models? before that i had the 3035, loved the
phone
> > but moved on to flip and color.
> >
> > the vzw store does not have any problems exchanging the phones out each
> time
> > i go but it is getting to the point where i am on the phone with
922-0204
> > more than using my phone and *611. they ask me why i didnt dial *611 and
i
> > tell them i couldnt complete the whole call if i did.
> >
> > other carriers can make calls from here and in the house/office but they
> > have low signal strength. the tech even told me that the rx power and
> signal
> > strength have nothing to do with it. it is all about towers. i consider
2
> > miles being pretty good especially since they are n,s,e,w from me.....
> >
> > i currently use about 600-700 minutes when i would use double that for
my
> 50
> > dollars. right now i figure 8 cents a minute when i could be doing
better
> > than that if i could actually have use of the phone.
> >
> > prl updated, software version updated, and all settings ok.
> >
> > brian s.
> >
> >
> > brian s.
> > "The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
> > news:js53i05ajie1gtotik3mvub6588t7tbfb0@4ax.com...
> > > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:11:34 -0400, "Brian S."
> > > <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > >The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
> > > >drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls and
> as
> > i
> > > >am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is a tower near the store or an in-store repeater.
> > >
> > > >Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on the
> > phone
> > > >for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which
> towers
> > and
> > > >said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment problem.
> So,
> > i
> > > >took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i
may
> > be
> > > >able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't any.
> > >
> > > You can drop calls with a decent digital signal if the towers can't
> > > hear you behind the background clutter of all the other phones. Did
> > > he give you any idea of the geographical spread of the towers you hit
> > > while at home?
> > >
> > > >My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.
> > >
> > > The closest one to me is exactly 1.75 miles away, yet I regularly hit
> > > towers 15 miles+ away. It's all about the topography here. Could that
> > > be an issue where you are? I ask because we sound to be in similar
> > > circumstances.
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:42:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:32:54 -0600, "Scott Stephenson"
<scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>The majority of the regulation was at the federal level (FCC), and if you
>were to look at the original franchise agreements, pricing was included,
>just never addressed.

Yeah, no politician wants to address the money issues, they just want
the money.;-)
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 2:09:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

From what I have heard, the LG 6000 does not drop many calls. Two of my
brothers have them and they like them.

Gregg


"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:AsudnYJKt5uoArrcRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> they wont exchange it for another phone until i take it in for the 3rd
time.
> 1st time it was flashed and the software got screwed up so they gave me
> another phone and then the second time they switched it out and now i am
> still dropping. they said after i take it in once more they would maybe
ask
> the manager.
>
> i am not asking for a free phone. what i am asking them to do is give me
> credit for that phone and then let me pay the difference for another
phone.
>
> brian s.
>
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:b%yVc.12950$Qa4.10205@twister.socal.rr.com...
> > The 4500 has more posts for dropped cals than any other phone I've read
> > about in the last several weeks. Get a different phone.
> >
> > Gregg Hill
> >
> >
> > "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:p -idnTFAR_ThA7zcRVn-hA@comcast.com...
> > > i am in new jersey, right across from philadelphia. There are no high
> > > buildings or high land levels here within the towers i hit. He said
all
> > of
> > > my towers are within 2 miles and it shouldnt be happening. Yet i have
> > > friends with different phones make calls where mine drops. Also it
isn't
> > > just one tower that is doing this. so that takes out the tower part.
> > >
> > > was just at a party last weekend and a guy had a startac and was
making
> > > calls with no problem. Same as one with a t730. i have the 4500, it
> drops
> > > bad. before that i had the 8900 vox and it never dropped a call but
the
> > > speaker wasn't that good and then before that i had the 4400 which
> dropped
> > > it. Maybe it is the lg models? before that i had the 3035, loved the
> phone
> > > but moved on to flip and color.
> > >
> > > the vzw store does not have any problems exchanging the phones out eac
h
> > time
> > > i go but it is getting to the point where i am on the phone with
> 922-0204
> > > more than using my phone and *611. they ask me why i didnt dial *611
and
> i
> > > tell them i couldnt complete the whole call if i did.
> > >
> > > other carriers can make calls from here and in the house/office but
they
> > > have low signal strength. the tech even told me that the rx power and
> > signal
> > > strength have nothing to do with it. it is all about towers. i
consider
> 2
> > > miles being pretty good especially since they are n,s,e,w from me.....
> > >
> > > i currently use about 600-700 minutes when i would use double that for
> my
> > 50
> > > dollars. right now i figure 8 cents a minute when i could be doing
> better
> > > than that if i could actually have use of the phone.
> > >
> > > prl updated, software version updated, and all settings ok.
> > >
> > > brian s.
> > >
> > >
> > > brian s.
> > > "The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
> > > news:js53i05ajie1gtotik3mvub6588t7tbfb0@4ax.com...
> > > > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:11:34 -0400, "Brian S."
> > > > <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >The verizon store is maybe 6 miles away or so and it never
> > > > >drops there. When i go to take the phone in for the dropped calls
and
> > as
> > > i
> > > > >am nearing the store the phone goes full signal strength.
> > > >
> > > > Maybe there is a tower near the store or an in-store repeater.
> > > >
> > > > >Last time i must have had a high level tech because he stayed on
the
> > > phone
> > > > >for over a half hour and looked at which calls dropped from which
> > towers
> > > and
> > > > >said i am clearly in an all digital area. He said equipment
problem.
> > So,
> > > i
> > > > >took the phone back for the second time. they said the third time i
> may
> > > be
> > > > >able to get another model and pay the difference if there isn't
any.
> > > >
> > > > You can drop calls with a decent digital signal if the towers can't
> > > > hear you behind the background clutter of all the other phones. Did
> > > > he give you any idea of the geographical spread of the towers you
hit
> > > > while at home?
> > > >
> > > > >My towers are 2 miles in each direction of my house/home area.
> > > >
> > > > The closest one to me is exactly 1.75 miles away, yet I regularly
hit
> > > > towers 15 miles+ away. It's all about the topography here. Could
that
> > > > be an issue where you are? I ask because we sound to be in similar
> > > > circumstances.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>