Ffxiv and sli/crossfire

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
ok does anyone know if ffxiv the game (not the benchmark) will support sli or crossfire? the benchmark dosnt seem to.

my plan was to get 2 480s in sli since 2 480s beats 1 or 2 5970s but if it doesn't support sli then 1 5970 would be better.

G

the game runs sli and crossfire, the problem is everyone is having better results running one card.
for example, im running dual 5870s and heres whats up with me:

all settings on max pretty much

single card average: 24-28 fps (GPU 98%)

dual card average: 18-22 fps (GPU 73% each)

the game actually plays nice for me on one card, but the thing that annoys me is i know im nerfed.. i should be able to run this game at a solid 30 fps.
ive been told nvidia users are having the same issues but i dont use it so im not sure.
SE needs to fix this issue for high end users!

ei8htbit

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
the game runs sli and crossfire, the problem is everyone is having better results running one card.
for example, im running dual 5870s and heres whats up with me:

all settings on max pretty much

single card average: 24-28 fps (GPU 98%)

dual card average: 18-22 fps (GPU 73% each)

the game actually plays nice for me on one card, but the thing that annoys me is i know im nerfed.. i should be able to run this game at a solid 30 fps.
ive been told nvidia users are having the same issues but i dont use it so im not sure.
SE needs to fix this issue for high end users!

Indeed. I too am having a similar experience with the same crossfire setup, an overclocked i7 980x and 7-7-7-20 1600MHz 6GB RAM. This is very frustrating to invest in a high end rig with technology that quite frankly has been out more than long enough for developers to take full advantage of (ie the 5870/480 and CrossFire/SLI platform in general) and not have any optimization in place whatsoever aside from "the game will run in crossfire" as opposed to "the game will run better in crossfire".

I've resorted to disabling crossfire and turned off Ambient Occlusion with everything else maxed and fps shot up to 60fps (dips to high 30s and low 40s in crowded areas).

I know the violins are playing here, but I want a reason to play the PC version of this game and not the slightly better than console version :p