what is wrong with AGP

umala

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2003
Hi!

I have a new Abit SG-72 mobo, that has integrated graphic card.The problem starts with my intention to have dual booting of LLinux and Windows and it seems something is not quite OK.
I have a seperate graphic card running OK when I try to install the WinTV card for television program in Windows. It did not work and after a few removal of the TV card, suddenly graphic card does not work any more. The monitor screen is completely black when booting but when I plaug to mainboard graphic slot, monitor runs normally.
I also try with other graphic card but still no scrren on monitor. The first time, it had 2 beep sound but when I ckear the CMOS, no sound is detected but still nothing comminbg out of the graphic card as it should be with the integrated one on mobo.

Can anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Try the graphic card in another PC.

Otherwise the problem could be in the graphic card slot circuitry. Take care when removing and replacing cards that you do not damage slot connections/solder joints.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>