How do I get the console to enter cheat codes?

I have seen CTRL+ALT+~ & pressing ' after editing the command line in the
shortcut but these do not work on my installation. Is it because I am on a
UK keyboard & to get ~ you press SHIFT+#? I have also tried CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+#
(~).

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Eddie

Sorry, Doom 3...

"Eddie Cooper" <eddiejcooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the console to enter cheat codes?
>
> I have seen CTRL+ALT+~ & pressing ' after editing the command line in the
> shortcut but these do not work on my installation. Is it because I am on a
> UK keyboard & to get ~ you press SHIFT+#? I have also tried
> CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+# (~).
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks
> Eddie

"Eddie Cooper" <eddiejcooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the console to enter cheat codes?
>
> I have seen CTRL+ALT+~ & pressing ' after editing the command line in the
> shortcut but these do not work on my installation. Is it because I am on a
> UK keyboard & to get ~ you press SHIFT+#? I have also tried
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+#
> (~).
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks
> Eddie

I didn't edit the command line at all........

I just press ctrl+alt+ the key under Esc. (I'm using a UK keyboard)

Just create a text file named autoexec.cfg in your doom3\base dir
and put in it the following line line:
set com_allowConsole 1

now you don't need to press CTRL+ALT, the console will pop down in the
usual way

> Sorry, Doom 3...
>
> "Eddie Cooper" <eddiejcooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>How do I get the console to enter cheat codes?
>>
>>I have seen CTRL+ALT+~ & pressing ' after editing the command line in the
>>shortcut but these do not work on my installation. Is it because I am on a
>>UK keyboard & to get ~ you press SHIFT+#? I have also tried
>>CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+# (~).
>>
>>Any ideas please?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Eddie

On 10/15/2004 11:16 AM The Berzerker brightened our day with:

>"Eddie Cooper" <eddiejcooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>How do I get the console to enter cheat codes?
>>
>>I have seen CTRL+ALT+~ & pressing ' after editing the command line in the
>>shortcut but these do not work on my installation. Is it because I am on a
>>UK keyboard & to get ~ you press SHIFT+#? I have also tried
>>

>CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+#
>

>>(~).
>>
>>Any ideas please?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Eddie
>>

>I didn't edit the command line at all........
>
>I just press ctrl+alt+ the key under Esc. (I'm using a UK keyboard)

If you edit the command line or add, seta com_allowConsole "1" to your
Autoexec all you need to press is the key under escape.

--
"Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com