Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Any recent Aliens game for PC?

Last response: in Video Games
July 5, 2010 10:57:56 AM

I have been away from gaming for some years, but after getting a new PC now I am thinking about trying some modern game. I have always liked games featuring Aliens and I have played some Aliens vs Predator game, however it was some years ago and I do not remember the exact title.

My question is if there has been any Aliens (or Predator or similiar) game released recently? (Recently as in a few years time.) Somewhere I read about some game being developed with the scope of tactical group warfare with the space marines. Was that ever released?

More about : recent aliens game

Best solution

July 5, 2010 11:06:55 AM

There is a recent game for alien vs predetor out, mixed reviews but i enjoyed it enough.

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/aliens-vs-predator?t=Englis...

July 5, 2010 11:15:04 AM

Daemon said:
There is a recent game for alien vs predetor out, mixed reviews but i enjoyed it enough.

Thank you for your reply!

I checked out the link and it looked good. The mixed reviews you mention, what was the main criticism?

The new game, is it only named "Aliens vs Predator"? Has there not been at least one game with that name around ten years ago and a AVP 2 also?
Related resources
July 5, 2010 2:45:40 PM

Thanks! I might try out the new game then. It seems to have been released now in 2010.
July 5, 2010 9:26:06 PM

Best answer selected by ricno.
July 6, 2010 1:00:12 PM

ricno said:
I checked out the link and it looked good. The mixed reviews you mention, what was the main criticism?

Aliens vs Predator 2010 release, for most of us its that each campaign just doesn't seem long enough, but when you take into consideration it's actually a 3 independent games in one release, the individual campaigns could only be so long, I guess.

My discoveries as for playing the Marine is don't even bother with the Flame Thrower, it's literally useless against a full grown Alien charging straight for you, it does work for the Face Huggers but it's not worth getting stuck with, when it's full grown Alien defense time.

When you pick up the Smartgun, (a devastating self tracking weapon), you automatically drop your other weapons to pick it up, so make sure when getting low on ammo, your in reach of exchanging it for a different weapon before you run out of ammo, it will track an enemy even behind a wall, so make sure they're in the open or you'll waste ammo.

The Predator campaign is pretty awesome with what you can do with him, especially being able to jump from tree to tree, and various building levels, but it takes quite a bit of practice to get controlling all the features down pat.

The Alien campaign to me was just plain fun, the speed it moves, ability to walk on walls and ceilings, gives it a devastating advantage even against a Predator.

If you liked the A vs P original release, with todays graphics you'll love this release!

I know I have.

!