AT&T Nokia 6360 altered to work on Verizon wireless?

Hello!

Is there any way an AT&T Nokia 6360 can be altered to work on the Verizon
wireless system?

Gregg Hill

AT&T = TDMA and GSM
VZW = CDMA

answer = NO

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:NifUc.5519$aB1.1947@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Hello!
>
> Is there any way an AT&T Nokia 6360 can be altered to work on the Verizon
> wireless system?
>
> Gregg Hill

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Is there any way an AT&T Nokia 6360 can be altered to work on the Verizon
>wireless system?

It has AMPS coverage, which VZW and ATTWS have in common. But the 6360
is a TDMA phone at heart, and VZW is a CDMA network, so the basic answer
is no, at least not with digital service.

==
Jack Hamilton
jfh@acm.org

==
In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted comfort and security.
And in the end, they lost it all - freedom, comfort and security.
Edward Gibbons

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:53:17 GMT, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Is there any way an AT&T Nokia 6360 can be altered to work on the Verizon
>wireless system?

Nope. Nokia 6360 is a TDMA (IS-136) system phone. You need a CDMA
phone to work with Verizon. The equivalent Nokia model would be the
Nokia 6385 though I don't think Verizon has ever sold that model.

Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nope. Nokia 6360 is a TDMA (IS-136) system phone. You need a CDMA
> phone to work with Verizon. The equivalent Nokia model would be the
> Nokia 6385 though I don't think Verizon has ever sold that model.

But you may be able to get a Qwest or USCellular 6385 and use it on Verizon if
it either isn't locked, or if you can get the carrier to give you the unlock
code. An even better choice would be to see if you can get an Alltel 6385,
if they in fact sell it, because Alltel phones aren't locked.