Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
So, I'm overclocking and such...and eventually I hit problems. The heat was good (33 degrees at idle), then I step up about 15 mhz (total, 1 mhz fsb) and it won't start. So, I figured maybe it's a bios problem and I should update....so I downloaded the latest bios update for my nf7-s and flashed it using abit's flash utility.

Guess what...now even the bios won't start. And no, I don't have an NF7-S 2. It's an Abit NF7-S. What the heck do I do now? I cleared the CMOS and that won't do anything.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Turn on power and press <b>INSERT</b> key (it might take a few times).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
I tried that about 20 times, doesn't work. But I just figured out that I used the wrong Bios download version that wasn't for my mobo. Well, I guess I'll probably have to get a new one. Is there anything else I could do?

RichPLS

Champion
Re-Flash board with correct one.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
What is 'post'?

Also, how do I manually re-flash my bios?

Just to add, I installed the completely wrong Bios version for my motherboard. Is there for sure a way to recover it? I need an answer fairly quickly, as an auction for a mobo i have my eye on is closing soon.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Decker87 on 11/21/04 02:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002

Basically, when you turn the thing on do you see anything? If you can boot to a floppy you could re-flash to the correct BIOS. Otherwise you'd better contact <A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/tmod/index.htm" target="_new">T-mod.</A>

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.