problems with Epox mobo

Canis

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I just picked up an AMD-64 3200+ with an Epox 8KDA3+, an ATI Radeon 9600SE, and a Seagate Barracuda 80GB HD to build a new box for my gf. Set her up and installed WinXP Pro. Problem is, the system won't recognize the AGP slot. I've got no AGP controller in my system devices, and it's telling me the 9600SE is in a PCI slot. I've flashed to the newest BIOS from Epox, as well as installed the newest drivers for the chipset (Nvidia nForce3 250Gb). I'm at a loss here. Everything else works fine, but no AGP controller. Epox tech support has been slow and remarkably unhelpful, and I can't even get in touch with Nvidia's tech support.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It deffinately sounds like a missing AGP controller driver. But you said you already installed the chipset driver. At least you know where to look.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Canis

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I've installed every available version of the chipset driver from the one one the disk that came with the mobo, to the one at Epox' site, to the one at Nvidia's site. No change. I've got an AGP to PCI bridge, but no AGP controller. I'm beginning to think the board is faulty. It seems remarkably unlikely that every release available of the chipset drivers simply neglected to include an AGP controller.

RichPLS

Champion
Is there any setting in the bios pertaining to the AGP controller?

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Canis

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Yes. There was an option of which display to initialize first, onboard/AGP or PCI. I set it to onboard/AGP.