diarmuidmark

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004
hello ....just built two budget systems for two of my kids
both using pc chips m848a motherboard..one is fine.....hurrah...one beeps during post...boo!!
does anyone know the post codes i`m getting one beep followed by 5 or maybe six close together!!!#many thanks for your help

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I get Video and RAM beep codes mixed up, but I think that's the RAM one. Otherwise it would be video. In either case, it means the system can't find the part.

With Gigabyte GA-8ISXT-FS motherboards (top quality i865PE chipset boards, fully loaded) going for $32 all over the web, I can't find any excuse for PC-Chips, let alone the 848 chipset.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
ur manual should elaborate on the beep codes.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

diarmuidmark

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004
I agree it SHOULD! it doesn`t though!! going to do a bit of vid card swaping as am using old vid card ..the ram is brand new ..as i said these are budget systems designed to keep my three(!) daughters off my state of the art(ish)pc so i can carry on playing halflife2