Sign in with
Your question

Xbox360 controller for the PC - is it the same?

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2010 7:13:49 PM

Hey, I just bought an Xbox 360 controller that came with a wireless reciever for the PC that way I can play some steam games with my controller (and YES, I agree, a keyboard and mouse give you a huge advantage over a controller, but sometimes I like to kick back and play with a trigger button and rumble). So I want to ask, will the controller I got work for the Xbox 360 too, or seemings I got it packaged with the wireless reciever, am I only limmited to playing with it on the PC? And vice versa, will the Xbox 360 controller that comes with the Xbox 360 work on my PC? That is, I suppose you might have to do some configuring, but can it be done?

More about : xbox360 controller

July 6, 2010 10:02:20 PM

Good question - made me wonder too, but I haven't got a 360 to try it on.

Look under the batteries on your wireless PC controller - there's a label on mine saying "for use with Xbox 360 console". Guess that answers the question for both of us! The controllers (both wired and wireless) are identical, the only difference is the wireless receiver for the PC one.
m
l
July 6, 2010 10:49:59 PM

I believe it will work with your Xbox 360. I havnt got one to try I admit. But I believe you can just sync the controller to the xbox and use it as an Xbox 360 controller. It will ofcourse need to be resync'd with the wireless reciver for your PC to work with the PC again.
m
l
Related resources
July 6, 2010 10:53:03 PM

Sorry for double post, but judging by the reviews on Amazon I am correct. And apparantly you can even connect multiple controllers to your PC with this device also.
m
l
July 6, 2010 10:57:44 PM

There should be a "Sync" button on the top of the controller that looks like this:

If there's one on the controller hit that untill the lights 360 Button on the middle of the controller is spining and then hit the sync button on the 360 console your trying to sync to and it should connect.
m
l
July 7, 2010 7:49:00 AM

Thanks guys, this is what I figured. I just wanted to see if anyone had tried it out. I'm going to take the controller over to a friends house (he has a 360) tomorrow and see if it connects. I'll post the result. I'll also bring my laptop over so I can try syncing two controllers to my PC wireless receiver and I'll let you all know what happens.
m
l
!