meridam99

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2005
Just so you all know, I recently purchased a Shuttle SN95G5 v3 939 socket with an Nforce3 Chipset. I also purchased an Athlon 64 Venice Chipset processor. No where on the manufacturer's website is there any mention of incompatabilities with the two, and you would think it would be fine. After receiving the items, all I had was an expensive paperweight. Fans would turn on, but no posts. I tried several video cards, including a pci video card, and still nothing. Tried several versions of memory and still nothing. Reset and even reseated the Bios, still nothing. I call Shuttle support, and I got hung up on. I check the support message board and apparently the model I bought needs a BIOS revision to work with the Venice core, but I need to send the BIOS to Shuttle to receive the current one...all I need is an RMA. Four calls and Four hang ups later, I returned the Barebones. For all the reviews that Tom's has about how great Shuttle is, in my opinion, they suck ass!

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I had a similar problem with a clients XPC and an xp 3200+ proc in it. Though I was able to post and update the bios for it to see what the proc actually was. It would not see it as anything but an athlon 1.2ghz until I updated the bios. Boy do those thing suck to work on, and of course the bios reset pins have to be behind the video card...

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by folken on 08/05/05 02:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm ya i was thinking of buying one in the future, good to know. not really faulty though just dumbing people down about the information that is a neccesite to purchasing a functionel computer :)

(\__/)!!!!!!!!!!/---1 ===
(='.'=)!![----/-----1---]====
(")_(")!![-{+}------{+}]===== ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! (yes those are spinny rims)